Colour choice

moomin

How about a "Harlequin" like VW did with the Polo a few years back.......then you cold incorporate everyone's suggestions...... :p  :p  :p

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• moomin

• peterg

• chrisbin

• JonnyBoy

hehe, it has been suggested (eh Jim?) that there are potentially 11 pieces of GRP (which I think included the front indicator mounts) so I could get quite a rainbow going on...

:D  :D You know the biggest problem.....what on earth are you going to spend your time thinking about once you have committed yourself???

Although, come to think of it, if the colour takes this long to debate, what about the rest of the spec.......

Have Fun!!

:D  :D

I am having fun... in a stressy kind of way!  I can't really complain at having a decision like this to make - I'm quite fortunate to be in the position really.

The rest of the spec is already set - tick every box on the options list  :D

Oh and I've got a collection date too - 24th May - woohoo!  :t-up:

Woo hoo indeed !! Only a month to go.....and then you've just got to build it....!!!

You are right, you are lucky to have the decisions to make. I'm limiting my debate as to how much I can get away with spending on the basis that it is for my son........he's 2 1/2!!

Mind you, his favourite videos are Brum, Chitty Bang Bang, and some old Top Gear vid's of mine!!!

"Car, car, fast ! Wow!!"

So its like they say....."better to regret what you've done, than what you haven't".....

Going to see Mr Nightingale tomorrow.....should be interesting!

:)  ???  :p  :blush:  :t-up:

I collected my Bright Blue kit 2 weeks ago, (to build with my son who is 19), and we are delighted with the colour. Go for it !, there might be two of us around !. Good luck with the build, we are enjoying it so far.

Richard,

Sounds great.  I really am torn between 3 colours now - orange, bright blue, and po red.  I'm hoping to see them all at Stoneleigh to help me decide - have concluded it's best to see them all in the flesh to choose.

Chris,

Yes the build commences quite soon - hope to get it on the road by the end of the summer, should allow me to run it in before winter... hopefully.  Can't wait!

Are you local to Mr Nightingale?  I am based in Cambridge.  If you are nearby you should come and hook up with cam7 (www.se7ens.net).

Dave

Dave

Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately I am in Cardiff, so not exactly local !!! However, tend to get around a bit with the job so have managed to get an appointment in the South East which will allow me to visit Terry.

He seems to be the best source of used westies that I can find.

Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Chris

:D

I have been following this debate with interest and am horrified to discover that other people also have yellow Westfields, I was sure mine was unique  :cool:

But seriously, any colour but white and remember that YOU have to live with it (and fondle it!;) so even if there are others in the same colour, get what you thinks looks best (except white of course)

By the way, white is not a good choice.

Stop the messing around and get BUILDING your (non-white) car.

Steve,

I shouldn't go for white then?   ;)

I've decided that I'm not going to decide right now, and rather than delay my order further, I'm going to be doing a split collection.  So I'm going to Stoneleigh to hopefully get a look at all the colours and then decide.

Good point about me having to live with it, you are right that that is the case and should be the most important consideration.  But as such I also have to live - which if I choose orange may not be long enough to get to fondle it! :0

I would love to get on with building my (non-white) car, but at the moment it is merely a seed in the loins of the Westfield factory - my chassis has not even been built yet, and I expect the rest is scattered around the store room in various bits!

Got a collection date of Friday 24th May though - four weeks today.  Hurry Up!

Moom.

i think the ivory looked great, white cars do tend to look old quickly though but i think the ivory is enough off white to be fine.

good choice to leave the decision till you see lots of real ones, you aren't going to need the body work for a while (unless you got the airfix kit and work like a beaver).

saves having to store the stuff yourself aswell!

Richard,

You could be right, but you seem to have forgotten to fit the black nosecone to your car...   ;)

Jonny,

What qualifies as a airfix kit?  I expect to work like a beaver for the first week or two, the build enthusiasm curve is parabolic remember.

It is a double-barrelled advantage that I haven't got to worry about finding somewhere to store that big floppy bit of bodywork... though it does mean I have to take time out of building to collect the body!

Dave

Just ordered my Megablade kit and gone for the following combo - after seeing some tasty examples at the factory !

Chrome Yellow body

Chrome yellow rear wings with carbon guards

Carbon (effect) front wings

Black nose cone.

Apologies in advance if this is the same as your colour scheme !!

PS - was a hard decision between this, PO Red, Blue - and which parts to have black / carbon etc etc.. Never realised how difficult choosing a colour scheme could be !

Chris