Colour choice

moomin

Well you could go with the norm and get a Yellow one.  Looks cool.  Personally though I prefer the orange at the mo' in the bright colours.  The light blue with the black bits looks nice also.

But why be a sheep  ;)  There are not enough light snot green cars out there  :cool:  Or for the ultimate, you could always go for the exclusive and oh so classy purple  :love:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• moomin

• peterg

• chrisbin

• JonnyBoy

Have experience the lilac first hand... erm, no thanks.  Indeed that's why I have to decide soon because Simon has threatened to choose for me - guess who chose lilac?!?  ;)

Anyway the urgency just increased since my kit "will be available for collection between 22nd and 24th May" subject to me choosing the colour some time yesterday!

:D  and  ???

Moom.

Nick,  it's not that it is nasty, it looks okay, but there are better colours IMO.  It does all come down to what you like in the end, since you have to live with it.

Blimey!

Post Office Red with black nose, front & rear arches has just come from no where to take a stunning lead in the colour contest...

Anyone got any decent quality pics of this setup?  Seen the one on the Westfield site, but quality of images is decidedly dodgy.

Moom.

But be warned that red gelcoat always fades quicker and to a greater degree than any other colour or at least that's what we were told by a GRP maker about 15 years ago  :0

Bright Blue it is then.... :D  :p  :cool:  ;)

That's true but it's only about £30 for extra red dye I believe.

Anyway Jim, you're just talking me back into Orange now...

How bad is the fading?  And is this still true for a more modern gelcoat?

Moom.

Ivory with tan and burgandy trim bits  ;)  :D  :)  :cool:  and not many about  :sheep:

i had 3 sets of red body work!

costs more, looks great with black powder coated bits.

but dont bother getting it!

i dont want my car to become any more 'common':)

blatmans car looks great btw....not to many of those about as yet!

saw a orange and purple car a while back...go crazy with it like that guy did!

copy mine an' i'll kill ya!! 'sept you can't cos I don't think its done anymore.... only joking you understand.... black is quite cool but a b***h to  keep clean... now I haven't seen white for a long time./.. :devil:  :p

The red gel coat no longer costs more than the others, Westfield decided to include it the price, it used to be that the pigment for the gelcoat was more expensive.

The changed the type of gelcoat 6 years ago because of complaints about it going 'orangy' and fading. I am led to believe the the new pigment/gelcoat they use is far superior. My cousins x-flow had this new gelcoat on 6 years ago, he has looked after it ans 15K miles down the road it still looks new.

Regards,

JD  ;)

James,

I think I tend to agree - I have been re-assured by Westfield ( :D ) that the red doesn't fade, especially given our climate and the amount the car will be used.  I would expect a modern gelcoat to be better than whatever they were using 5-10 years ago.

Moom.