Colour choice

moomin

Chris,  mine will be the same but not chrome yellow, probably orange, possibly PO red or bright blue.  Same black / carbon effect bits though.

Got a collection date yet?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• moomin

• peterg

• chrisbin

• JonnyBoy

Hopefully collecting last week of May - so 'fingers crossed' there will be another Westy on the Cheshire roads late summer / early Autumn !!

Moomin,

I envy you having all the good stuff to come (once you have decided on the colour). The build enthusiasm curve is a strange one but I built mine in 270 hours over 6 months of weekends and evenings from collection in August 1999 to SVA in January 2000 and I found that my enthusisam didn't waiver at all although if it had taken more than a year I suspect it might have done!

There were times when I thought that I had taken on too much of a challenge but then I got on with it and loved it from start to finish.

Not having the bodywork around for the first month is an excellent idea as you won't be touching it until the engine is installed so you have bought yourself some decision making time which takes the pressure off!

Let us know how the build goes - oh and don't get the white one, the orange with black juicy bits sounds good though!

moomin,

as far as i see it, AIRFIX is where you get all the bits you need in boxes and bolt them on! i think westfield refer to it kit rather than traditional.

to be honest, if i had the money i would definately have done it that way! however, i tried to save the pennies by sourcing my bits from elsewhere and 'persuading' them to fit! (i'm not suggesting my car is chitty chitty bang bang or anything:) )

if i had all the bits in front of me when i was ready i'm sure it would have halved the build time. My car took me seven months in total with a well needed ski season break half way through.

many a time i was ready to get the sledge hammer out and vent my fustration...and usually it was 'almost' the bodywork that got the brunt of it.