Colour choice

moomin

Hi all,

Having taken the leap and decided to order a kit, I am now facing the colour choice decision.  And it seems delivery kit pretty much hinges on this since it take 5 weeks to manufacture.

I'm leaning towards orange - it looks pretty smart.  But also yellow (the custardy one) is in the running, though I've not seen this in the flesh.

Finally comes "Bright Blue".  Anyone got any good quality images of a car in this colour?  I could be tempted, but need to see it.

For info I will have (fake) carbon front cycle wings and full size (i.e. cover pretty much the entire front half of) rear wing protectors.  I am also very tempted by a black or half-black (seeing as I can't have fake carbon - boooo) nose.

Erm....  help!

Dave

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• moomin

• peterg

• chrisbin

• JonnyBoy

I've got navy blue with carbon effect bits. Looks quite nice I think, but could be classed as a bit "boring".

If I was going to get another one I would seriously consider the bright yellow.

You could always send your body kit off to a carbon-fibre expert and get them to make you a c/f version based on your panels. Various people advertise this in the kit car mags. Afterwards, you could sell off your original panels cheap to recover some of the cost.

Uh-ho, the helicopters are circling  :p

Got the real thing on mine.

Is the carbon nose not available from Westfield now?

Better not break mine then.  :(

Noooo, not another yellow one please they are as common as muck.......yet the bright blue one it looks brilliant (IMHO) and would be my choice if I was to build my own car.  :cool:

All,

Not really that fussed about having proper carbon, cos it would only pi$$ me off when I whack a cone or sommat!

You can't get a carbon effect nose from Westfield, but they still do the proper carbon jobbie (for about £400).

Black does look super cool I agree, but not sure I want an all black car (the interior will be all black already).  Black is a b***h to keep clean and smear-free in my experience.

Awaiting some decent pics of bright blue... it could come good, since there seem to be plenty of orange bike engined cars around.

Keep the input coming...

Dave

Red is obviously the fastest colour :D ...though you risk comments from your friends about Noddy Cars...until you take them out and scare them...  :0

By "bright blue" do you mean boghouse monster blue?  If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to the boardroom chat article on longest build time.  Be warned - wear your sunglasses.  Or there's another bright blue one floating about on the Westfield website.

Personally, I'd choose orange.  And I'm a woman so I should know best...

Mrs W  :xmas:

Have seen the red race-prepped car on the Westfield web****e and have to admit it looks pretty good - post office red I believe.

Mrs Westy, you look strangely familiar... you are quite the fox! :love:

Bright Blue is not boghouse monster blue... as if anyone in their right mind would choose that colour!  ;)   I shall take your orangey notions on-board, but alot of the other bike-engined guys have got orange...

Hmmm... the search continues...

Moom.

I have yet to pick up my body work from westfields but have gone for blue with yellow 'bit' ( not some strange medical condition).

I have to confess to not being original as I saw one at the factory in said colours and just fell in lurve.

I shall take your orangey notions on-board, but alot of the other bike-engined guys have got orange...

I went for orange. Dont worry too much about what other people have got, get the colour you like. Cos 95% of the time your car will be in your neck of the woods and it'll be the only orange one around. Its only when you go to trackdays/Stoneleigh etc that you cant find it in the WSCC carpark amidst every effin other megaorange!

Ewwww, Orange. Nasty, horrible colour. You don't want that. Oh no no no no no. Blue's what you want, yes blue. Or Yellow.

Not Orange...

:D

Jim

I shall take your orangey notions on-board, but alot of the other bike-engined guys have got orange...

I went for orange. Dont worry too much about what other people have got, get the colour you like. Cos 95% of the time your car will be in your neck of the woods and it'll be the only orange one around.

Another reason not to choose Orange  ;)

Jim

Jim, you beat me to it.  For an explanation Jim is very much in "my neck of the woods", and has nearly finished his Orange SpeedSport.

Guess that might have it's advantages though - I can wreak havoc on Tescos car park and blame Jim!  :D

Pah... blue is feeling tempting today though.

the bright blue (as seen on the Megabusa in the Factory built cars section of their website - not the horrible turquoise of the Boghouse Monster) is just ELECTRIC and just look at the 2ndhand kits for sale red, yellow, red, yellow, orange, red, yellow  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

get a BLUE one Rodney, you know it makes sense  :p  :cool: