• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Stafford Kitcar Show

Pew

plus - face looks like it has been hit with a brick so would probably frighten small children!

Couldnt the hospital do anything for that while you were there? :p  :D

Seriously, hope you are feeling better soon :t-up:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carpetstu

• markcoopers

• Pew

• RedditchJay

Hi Guys,

Please accept my apologies - every intention of attending this event to represent the committee etc.  and display my car on the stand.  Spent yesterday in A&E at Stafford hospital having emerg job on root canal.  Had appointment for Tuesday next week - but flared up over Friday night and Small Angry One took me in at 0600 on Sat.  They took one look at me - and whisked me in! :(

As you may imagine - feeling very crap today and not able to make it - plus - face looks like it has been hit with a brick so would probably frighten small children!

Hope you have a great show - profound apologies once again for letting you down. :)

Jeeeez may the force be with you bud. Rather you than me at least its done now. Have a quick recovery Paul

Buzz

Went on Saturday - very dissapointing :(   Considering how many people were there the manufacturers that didn't attend, including westfield, missed an opportunity to support their customers and get new ones.  Even if they'd turned up with just one car it would have made a difference.

If it wasn't for the kit car owners that made the effort to turn up in their cars it would have been a waste of a day and £20.  Not for me next year!

Westfield where there today albeit in the demo car with the Westfield owner drivers.

I have to say I think if the show had been better advertised (or advertised at all) it would attract big crowds! ???

Kit Car mag had little to no details on their web site and Stafford Show ground had a one line listing showing it on the Sunday date only  :bangshead:

I for one had a good day however and it was great to see and chat to Westfield owners and fellow petrol heads.

Oh and thanks to Max aka reprobate for the bacon burger!   :t-up:

Was a good day, reasonable small Westy turn out, Julian was there with the FW demo car but left at around 1.00pm..... the show has become less and less popular.... yet todays weather was better than Stoneleigh back in May

Been in contact, there are a number of things we can do, but has anyone any suggestions as to what we put on/want at this show?

THe show should have a Rolling road, so perhaps we could put some of the bragging to rest? I think a photographic studio will be in situ, so "arty" shots of your car are possible. What about joining a concourse comp with other car marques?

The WSCC will have an indoor and outdoor stand, but what else do you want?

I on the other hand want a few cars for teh weekend on the indoor stand. Can you help?

Mark,

I'm not whinging but what happened to all of the above?

i.e. No rolling road, no WSCC stand and no marquee?

I take it you just didn't get enough interest from any club members?

Was a bit disappointing, have to agree with Nikpro over what was spoken about and what happened!!

At least the weather was dry and sunny too at times!

Andy

All of the above, i got more of a good time driving from Cambridgeshire and back than at the show, did'nt spend a penny at the show, and got my money's worth in fuel and fun on the way back though.   :D

To all that went and enjoyed it it must have been a good day for a drive. To all those that went and didn't enjoy it spare a thought for me. I spent Saturday and Sunday working on a turd of a Puegeot 206 (my work hack) to get it through its MOT. I had to fit a new exhaust, 2 new lower wishbones, x2 drop links, fix the front bumper, complete service, and conduct a pre MOT is it good enuff test.

Exhaust had been spot welded at the cat  :bangshead:

Damaged the rubber on the new bottom ball joint on the wishbone (split it)  :bangshead:

As i was working down the side of the house i had to get another grinding disk to assist exhaust removal, and as i got up from under the car i caught my shoulder on a window ledge putting a 1" long deep cut in shoulder  :bangshead:

After first aid administered by swmbo (consisted of a cuddle and a bottle of spitfire :)) attempted to fit bottom balljoint into stub-axle...no joy so attempts to compress spring with trolley jack to get required height, jack moves and whilst head is engaged in wheel arch upright twists off jack and the whole assembly whacks me in the face  :bangshead:

so however bad it was i wasn't as bad as a face full of cheap french brake caliper!!!!  :blush:

To all that went and enjoyed it it must have been a good day for a drive. To all those that went and didn't enjoy it spare a thought for me. I spent Saturday and Sunday working on a turd of a Puegeot 206 (my work hack) to get it through its MOT. I had to fit a new exhaust, 2 new lower wishbones, x2 drop links, fix the front bumper, complete service, and conduct a pre MOT is it good enuff test.

Exhaust had been spot welded at the cat  :bangshead:

Damaged the rubber on the new bottom ball joint on the wishbone (split it)  :bangshead:

As i was working down the side of the house i had to get another grinding disk to assist exhaust removal, and as i got up from under the car i caught my shoulder on a window ledge putting a 1" long deep cut in shoulder  :bangshead:

After first aid administered by swmbo (consisted of a cuddle and a bottle of spitfire :)) attempted to fit bottom balljoint into stub-axle...no joy so attempts to compress spring with trolley jack to get required height, jack moves and whilst head is engaged in wheel arch upright twists off jack and the whole assembly whacks me in the face  :bangshead:

so however bad it was i wasn't as bad as a face full of cheap french brake caliper!!!!  :blush:

So you got p*ssed at the weekend, fell over in town and got beaten up by a 13 year hoodie.  Come on Stu - tell the truth. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Had a good run down from Warwick area  2 mojo's 1 fury

and 2 westies.

Got there at 10ish drove round and round looking for wscc banners ,marquee to no avail  ???

Finally found 2 westies parked up and joined them.

If carpet (my foot slipped on the gas whilst cornering )Stu and Pews convoys hadn't turned up it would have been a display of about 6 or 7 westies however a few more turned up at 12 o clock  so figures of 20-25 westies  made sure it was'nt a complete waste of time

As for the hall and displays what a  :bangshead:  :arse:

shambles  :down:

Stafford deffinately off the books for next year