Cleggy's Spyder Rebuild 17 07 09

Cleggy the Spyder Man

its getting there clark................if you need a hand give us a bell.

still getting all the bits together for the westie.

ive tracked down the make of camshaft etc will lots of info from everyone and now have to get dough together. waiting on alternator bracket to be welded up as well

I bought a new alternator today as well as it broke along with the bracket.

Also had to fix my van as well. its a joke really 4 motors and im down to one :bangshead:

you up the ferryboat the w/end may see you there

tony

Hey Tony - a real b***h about your motors m8 - last thing you need when work is not as abundant as it once was  :bangshead:

glad to see the westy is getting sorted - gis a shout m8 if you need a hand  :t-up: and thanks for the offer to assist, your always welcome over for a cuppa

done a little more tonight - other side now welded

SANY2431.jpg

SANY2434.jpg

SANY2437.jpg

still not sure how I am going to get these floor pans 100% level

ta cleggy

your just showing off with the welding now :D

ive got a 4 ft level if its any good to you :devil:

speak soon mate

tone

thanks Tony - have got one but not quite as long but it will do - cheers anyway

Slater - I was on DDK earlier today having a drool - some lovely stuff on there - In my opinion the rsk 718 is better looking than the 550 as per your link

the way forwards is slowly coming together in my mind, seems like each little bit I do opens up the way

I have temporarily put the front suspension back together tonight, and will be putting the rear axle back on some time this week, subject to being able to get some help

I then intend to get the body work lifted back in place to see how things look with the new floorpans - If all is well I shall then start fabricating things like fuel tank supports, rear subframe and seat belt mounts plus finishing of the floorpans - as the body work is very close fitting especially around the front suspension it seems wise to make up these bits and pieces and tack them in place ready for full welding up hen stripped down again

has to be said it would be lovely to have a nicely prepped sandblasted chassis to work on, but I feel with the amount of modification needed I am going to be better off doing all the pretty stuff towards the end of the project - I guess with these sorts of projects trial fits and dismantling are all part of the game

anyway this pic shows the front back on with floorpan edges and jig still left in place

SANY2454.jpg

SANY2453.jpg

I have temporarily put the front suspension back together tonight, and will be putting the rear axle back on some time this week, subject to being able to get some help

you have my number mate  :t-up:

you have my number mate  :t-up:

999?  :laugh:

If you fancy a ride over m8 let me know I could do with a hand and it would be much apprecited - could I bribe you with fish and chips and a can of shandy?  :laugh:

dont worry m8 if you are busy and working down sarth :D

Same here im on days so just give me a shout any evening this week.

Wont be needing my engine stand back mate!

Got hold of an engine to donate its gearbox and stripped it this week as you have to split the crank cases it cant go on the stand  :bangshead:

Looks like its coming together nicely!  :t-up:

Fish and chips for two  :laugh:

do you sorn your motor in the winter?

thanks Dave  :t-up:

lol im not a lover of shandy but fish and chips  :love:  :love:

Normally sorn it but haven't yet plan to do the gearbox in the next few weeks but want to test it when its done!

it's a date - shall we make a date so we can all get together, do some tyre kickin, knock some ideas around and of course enjoy some fish n chips - I might even try not to knock my coffee over this time

what evening suits you guys? think i am free most nights but need to check with her indoors :laugh: