New owner from Belgium

chris7273

Hi all,

Just a few words to present myself and my new car.

In the end of March, I have bought a Westfield ZEI. I went to UK and came back by road. It was a long day but a great day ! Her name is Wendy and I am now busy with the registration process in Belgium. Not an easy thing...

The car is from 1998 and was factory built. There is a Zetec 1800 with throttle bodies. I am thinking about a few upgrades but I wait for the car to be fully legal in Belgium before.

On the list :

- new wheels and tyres (15 inches)

- overcooling problem : temperature reaches 80°C and rarely goes beyond. I read a lot on this issue and I know what to do.

- later, a side exhaust

I already thank all the members for their patience because I am going to ask a lot of newbie questions ;-)

Here are some pictures (clicky) :

mini_09042210122778488.jpg mini_090422101729405439.jpg

mini_090422101828484433.jpg mini_090422101855129274.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chris7273

• Bananaman

• Buzz Billsberry

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

Welcome to the mad house. You will soon be able to enjoy the full pleasures of ownership, empty pockets but a big smile. :D  :cool:

Welcome

I can see why you'd want to change them wheels, them ones must be 17" minimum ???:oops:

By changing to 15" you should be able to save 5-10kg/ corner, why not take one off and weigh it, i'm sure it would be of interest to one & all......

Enjoy.... :t-up:

The wheels are Wolfrace 17x7 ET38.... not too heavy but not light ;-) I like them but I would like something more "conventional".

Tyres are 205/40 R17

I will weight them if you want.

Go on then, i'm guessing 22kg/corner.........

Ello

Looks nice but guess them wheels make the ride and handling suffer big time ... you wont believe the difference if you drop down to 15 or perhaps even better 13" rims

That's what I have ...

Your over cooling - check the actual remperature first, it might be telling you incorrect temperature - save you going down the wrong route

After that check the thermostat and at what temperature your colling fan kicks in - if they are ok then maybe look at blocking of part of the rad for trial purposes -

Just my thoughts

Cleggy

Welcome Chris from one of the finest brewing countries in the world! They invented Stella you know!

Me and the Yorkshire/lancashire areas usually drive the westy's down thro' Belgium every year on our way to Le-Mans. Although this year we are not attending the event but we are still going down to the south of France but will only be doing the return trip via Belgium. I will be attending Spa this year not sure which event yet.

Welcome Chris this is a great club you'll definately enjoy it.

Buzz

Ello

Looks nice but guess them wheels make the ride and handling suffer big time ... you wont believe the difference if you drop down to 15 or perhaps even better 13" rims

That's what I have ...

Your over cooling - check the actual remperature first, it might be telling you incorrect temperature - save you going down the wrong route

After that check the thermostat and at what temperature your colling fan kicks in - if they are ok then maybe look at blocking of part of the rad for trial purposes -

Just my thoughts

Cleggy

always good to get advises. I will check the real temperature before "upgrading" ("If it works, don't fix it"   old engineer's rule   ;-)  )

for the wheels : I was first thinking about 13" but the tyres choice is not very large. I think I am almost sure for 15" with 195/50R15. As you will see in another post, I have a problem with the offset.  aahhhhh nothing's easy with kitcars but I am indulgent since I never had so much fun in a car  :love:

Welcome Chris from one of the finest brewing countries in the world! They invented Stella you know!

Me and the Yorkshire/lancashire areas usually drive the westy's down thro' Belgium every year on our way to Le-Mans. Although this year we are not attending the event but we are still going down to the south of France but will only be doing the return trip via Belgium. I will be attending Spa this year not sure which event yet.

Welcome Chris this is a great club you'll definately enjoy it.

Buzz

Forget Stella and try Jupiler. :arse:  Even better in the blonde category, but don't drive after : Duvel or Leffe.

My personal choice being a traditional brown Trappist beer (Rochefort).

When you plan to come in Belgium, don't hesitate to ask for advises and tips. (and not only about beers !)

You were just 10% too high : 20 kg per wheel....

wow they are heavy ... some crx's weigh just under 5kg (plus tyre) ...

I just changed from 195/50/r15 ... to me 13" ... there are some craking wheels out there to choose from ...

enjoy your motor

You were just 10% too high : 20 kg per wheel....

First guess was 20kg but thought that was a bit too light for 17" rims, it's not too bad but you'd be much better off with some 15"..

I have some Super leggeras on one of my cars and seem to remember them weighing in at around 15kgs with tyres ???