Ollies Today

Scottish Bloke

my feelings for you gav - i hope the feelings of something missing and 'what the devil!!!!!!!' go away soon - my accidents been a month now and is slowly going.. I'm still very twitchy with others driving and me as passenger..

its not the venue that is dangerous but the speed which the cars are travelling that is - i flipped the dax twice over remember, at just 50mph - luckily just walking away.. the very nature of motor racing is dangerous that is what the challenge is and is well known before anyone gets into the car.

where would you stop in making the track *safe*? there is no such thing - safer - possibly - in saying that - that wooden fence is in my mind too close and should be either removed or barriered, but what about  the other obstacles that can cause such injuries? ie banking right at track side, trees, walls? if they are all made *safe* there is a danger of events not happening at all at some events.. shame really..

lets hope the insurance are kind - i was old by mine that it would be around the 60 - 70% of the value before it would be written off - but they do have other options IE letting yourself do the work etc they pay for parts - just heartbreaking.. all your work put in..

:bangshead:  :sheep:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gp350se

• JeffC

• Mark Stanton

• Andrew

Full speed video no editing

Stll don't know what happened to make back brake away. If front anti roll bar had failed on the left side would it make the car spin. Looking at damage not sure if it broke as a result of the crash or it broke and caused the crash.

A broken front arb would suddenly give more grip at front and less at rear. Doesnt matter which side it breaks

Might have broken at impact

Looking at the roll bar which is a Westfield inboard one the bolt is in but the nut is missing and the threads are damaged so the headlight bracket and mounting could have come off.