Ollies Today

Scottish Bloke

So has every other hillclimb. Sad but true. Bad luck Gavin. As already said, at least you live to tell another tale

Edited to add - well done Tel. Cracking drive. I cant imagine how much faster 6 seconds must feel like. Its scary enough at my speed

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gp350se

• JeffC

• Mark Stanton

• Andrew

This is all the video captured at the moment of impact the data logger stopped at 71.55 mph the 1st fence rail took the battery out of the car the 2nd fence rail took the video recorder .

Nasty stuff Gav, I seem to remember a blue toyota powered Mallock type car went off there a couple of years ago and caught fire? :oops:

Glad you're still with us..  :)

was that Mr P taking a wide line -

Well spotted Mr S, 2 practise and 3 timed runs and only got round the bl**dy hairpin once without drama.

Does this have familiar ring to it Guy. :p  :p

HI all

A quick note to Gav I have seen a spaceframed mini go through the fence at around the same place about 3 years ago it  went a few yards back down the hill before it stopped, there is a little crest on the hill around there which seams to throw cars off.

Good to see your alright and the car just needs fixing

Richard

hussy you nunney

I think my sphinctometer is pretty well calibrated thank you very much. ;)

Does this have familiar ring to it Guy. :p  :p

:blush:

Shhhh.... 'twas a long time ago!

hussy you nunney

I think my sphinctometer is pretty well calibrated thank you very much. ;)

!

I can now blame Stu Pickles who was on my computer earlier :D

Maybe its known as "living on the edge" rather than driving over it  :D  :D  :D  :)  :)  :)  :)

Andy why do you always blame Mr P  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :D next you'll be saying he's drunk all your coffee and eaten all your biscuits  :D

Just found some pictures of the car and everybody else as well at alanhorner.co.uk go into client area and Olivers Mount 17-08-08.

Pilot would love to do Cadwell but the car is not a five minuit fix as you will see from the pictures. Shame as the cost is not refundable so if anybody want a free go just pay for the extra driver and I'll come down and sign you in.

Just found some pictures of the car and everybody else as well at alanhorner.co.uk go into client area and Olivers Mount 17-08-08.

Pilot would love to do Cadwell but the car is not a five minuit fix as you will see from the pictures. Shame as the cost is not refundable so if anybody want a free go just pay for the extra driver and I'll come down and sign you in.

Gavin, the pics look horrible.. :(  :(   Have you tried ringing Easytrack, I would have thought under the circumstances they'd at least give you a credit note or something.. :(

A few comments as the new owner of Tommo's Flymo:

Firstly to Gavin - having seen the car first hand I know those bits of fence couldn't have been any closer - hope you get the Westy back in one piece soon, and that the accident doesn't spook you for too long. I know I won't be doing Ollies again in a kit car after seeing what happened.

Secondly - very well done to Terry for a fantastic time up the hill- if I can get within a country mile of your times at future speed series events I'll be well chuffed. Well done also to Monsieur Rushworth - a great result despite not having a 'proper' engine.

Thirdly - it was really nice to meet some of the speed series regulars and put names to faces. I'll no doubt see you again sometime when I've learnt to drive the Flymo..

Finally, a big thanks to John "Dad" Tomlinson for entrusting me with his baby (at a price of course!), and his continued advice and support. I know I still have a lot to learn about the car and how to drive - I hope I improve enough to do the car justice and don't end up propping H class up at too many future events. Oh, and it may no longer be the fastest Westy up the hill, but boy, does it have 'presence'....

Cheers

Kurt