• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• originalgeezer

• Tigger

• perksy

• stu999

It needs a Turbo that big, as its just doubled the weight of the engine :D

Alternator mount doesn't look particularly svelte either, and it's still too close to the manifold. I reckon it'll need a heat shield similar to what they use on the space shuttle :oops:

Looks like the engine has been treated to some steel bore liners too.

It'll be running an Autronic SM4 ECU as the engine builder is the same guy who maps mine - Mark Shead at MADevelopments and I know he only deals with Autronic. Mark drove this car (Sierra Cosworth) on 5th Gear at 206Mph. That was with the old turbo - with around 800Bhp. This turbo is much bigger and the engine is expected to be delivering somewhere around the 1000Bhp mark.

Rod Tarry (The car's owner) is a complete lunatic... and a pensioner too!

Alternator mount doesn't look particularly svelte either, and it's still too close to the manifold. I reckon it'll need a heat shield similar to what they use on the space shuttle

I totally agree.  You will end up with the Alternator dripping on the ground!

On my factory built car, the Alternator is mounted on the left of the engine using a fabricated bracket bolted to the three pre-tapped drillings in the block.