XE Engine, Underbonnet Pictures

originalgeezer

Perksy

Can you explain why you have the breather from the rocker cover to the block, blanked off?

Benefit etc

Dry Sumped Mate

SBD do a kit for Blanking off the Cam cover etc if req'd

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• originalgeezer

• Tigger

• perksy

• stu999

Cheers

Guessed it maybe but wanted to make sure before assumed

I have the rocker cover breather on the other side vented at present  - needs a catch tank arrangement to do it properly and the smaller one blocked.

Cheers

Guessed it maybe but wanted to make sure before assumed

I have the rocker cover breather on the other side vented at present  - needs a catch tank arrangement to do it properly and the smaller one blocked.

Might be worth checking to ensure that the rocker cover breather mod has been done too - if you don't already know that is... :t-up: You will have to take the cover off to see though :(

yeah have looked into the mod and have plans to take it off to confirm before, though it should be as the engine was a pro build - but i am still going to check

also, need to look closer at things like the alternator that has been relocated to the exhaust side of the engine, but not sure without looking more if that was to accomodate the oil filter take off pipes as it has remote oil filter.

engine and car wise it looks all there, just as with these things they havent all been done that well, or tidy to be more accurate.

The cam cover mod has to be done  even if you are using the dry kit?

Nice engine but some b*** has strapped a hairdryer to the side of it :p

The cam cover mod has to be done  even if you are using the dry kit?

No need if dry sumping - if the dry sump kit you use will allow all of the engine breathers to be blanked off (like Perksy's). However, if turbocharging you may find it better to run with a breather system too (as you may probably get more 'blow-by') - in which case the mod will be a good idea :t-up:

Yeah,going on the turbo route....i quess ill cut that,underneeth the cam cover,so it stops smoking...its but for it... :D

As mentioned above, got the reducer from Silicone hoses. The metal bit below it is a standard pipe for the XE, bolts directly to the block ...... don't you have one MR Rad?

Tiggs

No just a dodgy rubber pipe between block and rocker cover. I'll be at a scrappies this weekend to see if I can find a proper one. It looks so much tidyer than mine.

Sorry, I haven’t got an XE engine but if you want to see a proper engine, look no further.

9222.jpeg

Pah - that's just kid's stuff - this is a proper cossie engine (Rod Tarry's):

engine005.jpg

Paul

Do you have any pictures of battery location and header tank as these are two things i am looking to re locate as they are both on the scuttle at present.

Pictures with the Nose off?

Heres some pics:- Earlier version of install, prior to dry sumping.

13382.jpeg

13383.jpeg

HTH

bl****ell! That turbos a bit big

That is a big Turbo  ???