XE Engine, Underbonnet Pictures

originalgeezer

Hi all

Just wondering in peoples collection of pictures, if anyone can post or forward some underbonnet pictures of westie's with XE Engine Installations?

Just looking at ways to tidy mine up, re route some things I am not particulary happy with, so looking at various ideas, better ways to do things etc

Mine is currently not dry sumped, but may well be in the future so either wet or dry sump installations would be appreciated.  :cool:

Thanks All

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• originalgeezer

• Tigger

• perksy

• stu999

Here's a couple to start you off although by putting pictures of your engine on this thread means you think your engine is tidy :D:D

Also, plenty of Westy engine pics HERE TOO

BTW: This is before the Dry sump install, have yet to take some more pics of the install since :)

ebay1.jpg

ebay2.jpg

Sweet......

Do you have any with the Nose off at all Tiggs - off for a nosey at your website too !

There's a few on the mellow yellow site Mr Geezer

just looking Tiggs, very interested in the cooling arrangement as want to lose the hideous std header tank off the scuttle!

just looking Tiggs, very interested in the cooling arrangement as want to lose the hideous std header tank off the scuttle!

It's a basic 2 pipe system as used by Blatman, Leon and a few others.

I can't take credit for it but it does work and not had any overheating problems.

The header/swirl pot is my own design and if you wanted a PDF of the dimensions, I would be happy to email it to you.

It can be made up by companies such as AH Fabrications or whoever you wish for around £90 and fits perfectly.

Saves a whole lot of weight and works just fine.

Tiggs

Check your engine bay out Tiggs ;)

:D:t-up:

What about others then, surely somebody else must have a clean engine bay for the man?

Tiggs

Yes Tiggs, just been reading through on your site.....

liking the Battery idea too as looks so much better with a clean scuttle.

my To Do list maybe growing a little.

What about others then, surely somebody else must have a clean engine bay for the man?

Tiggs

I'd be embarrassed to show my engine bay after your mate! :down:  :blush:  :cool:

I think it looks b****y awfull - it's got the wrong engine in it! -  Should have a 'Blue Oval' not a 'Bow Tie'

:devil:  :devil:  ;)

Paul

Do you have any pictures of battery location and header tank as these are two things i am looking to re locate as they are both on the scuttle at present.

Pictures with the Nose off?

stu

Dont worry they are putting mine to shame..............!