Croft trackday March 9th

JeffC

Was a great day, struggled a bit against you slick shod driving gods but hopefully it was only the colour scheme that was distracting rather than our pace.

Downer is that engine went on last session. Bit too early to call damage but looks like we were losing some oil at high revs via pressure sender which has ended in a lost bearing. Hoping it's not fatal but will need to strip to find out.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• Andrew

• Asterix

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a great day, struggled a bit against you slick shod driving gods but hopefully it was only the colour scheme that was distracting rather than our pace.

Downer is that engine went on last session. Bit too early to call damage but looks like we were losing some oil at high revs via pressure sender which has ended in a lost bearing. Hoping it's not fatal but will need to strip to find out.

Nooooo! dont be calling them slick shod driving gods, JC will have to get a bigger helmet!  :laugh:

Bad luck with the motor Kevin, hope it's fixable.

Sincerely, that is a ****ter m8e...you were going so much faster than me in the earlier sessions. Hope it gets fixed asap.

JC will have to get a bigger helmet!

not sure Mrs C could cope  :oops:  :p  :p  :p  :laugh:  :laugh:

Cars looking good Scot

Cant wait for next sunday to be passenger driven in my own car  :0

Was a great day! The weather was kindish!

Kevin, hope you sort your multicoloured dream machine!

Thanks to Paul for the use of his trailer :)

Cheers

Mark

If you're not going over the edge, you're never finding the edge. Yesterday, I found the edge at Clearvaux and Sunny In.

...and the hairpin..  ;)

Pic on it's way. :t-up:

take a look at incar on a radical sr3 doing a 1.22 lap, notice where it brakes going into clareveux  :0  :0  :0  :0

http://video.google.co.uk/videopl....index=0

i'd like to see that red rad try that final overtaking maneuver on a track day when the bollard is there ;)

young pilot does this all seem a bit alien to you , down shifting entering corners and high revs exiting them ???  :devil:

take a look at incar on a radical sr3 doing a 1.22 lap, notice where it brakes going into clareveux  :0  :0  :0  :0

http://video.google.co.uk/videopl....index=0

i'd like to see that red rad try that final overtaking maneuver on a track day when the bollard is there ;)

young pilot does this all seem a bit alien to you , down shifting entering corners and high revs exiting them ???  :devil:

5000rpm is quite enough for me. What the hell is a "gear change"? :D  

I just didn't fancy blowing up me car on the 1st trackday of the season.

When I have a rev counter I will see where I'm at, but I couldn't tell really if I was revving the balls off it or not, it sounded like I'd be on the limiter half way through the chicane in 3rd which I didn't fancy. I tried knocking it down to 3rd for sunny after what you said but it was just too low, kicked the back end out as the revs went through the roof, had to quickly shift back into 4th. For me the car seemed to pull ok in 4th so there was no reason to give it the death, especially at my 1st blast.

I think a low 34 isn't too bad for me 1st attempt, especially on a very cool day. Don't worry man, the time will come! :p

I'll just make sure you've had 1 too many of the cheeky whites next time so it seems like were doing 1.21's! :laugh: