• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Croft trackday March 9th

JeffC

why no rev counter pete ..... and how is it going ?

I think its either a dodgy connection or the units on the blink, just seems to be all over the place or dead. I've got next week off, so providing the cap sorts his little issue's out this week I'll get her in the garage and have a good look a it. Also need to do something with the kill switch, my uncle knocked it slightly, only touched it really but it shut down the car. Thought I'd blown it!

Apart from that, the car was great, there's a lot more speed to come from me in it I think. To be honest I've never really had the hang of croft, either that or its because everyone else has done it a lot more than me :suspect: .

Scott, your car is looking very :cool: .

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• Andrew

• Asterix

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete and Scott, thanks for the pics

Tried ditching the front wings to save weight but dont think the Speed Series powers that be will allow it somehow

Three wheels on my wagon and I keep rolling along .....

Aye, it was a canny day. I really must pull my finger out and sign up for the Teesside track day.

here are a selection of my photos:

Here

(Hi res versions available on request)

Thanks again to Andrew for giving me a ride out and proving once and for all the humble pinto is all you need (providing you can drive! )

I knew it wouldn't take long for you to pick up the pace

very smooth and tidy driving style   :cool:

i think you will be close to 1:30 by the end of summer

Jeff 1;28 is awesome in any car round croft well done :t-up:

You did have me worried when you mentioned the "f**ty two" word. I was ready to buy a pipe and slippers at that point! :laugh:

Hellova day!  :D  Just about to watch some truthfull footage.. ;)  ;)

A few pics from the day:

Crofttrackday9-3-08121cs.jpg

Crofttrackday9-3-08109s.jpg

Crofttrackday9-3-08101cs.jpg

Crofttrackday9-3-08076cs.jpg

Crofttrackday9-3-08057cs.jpg

Crofttrackday9-3-08046cs.jpg

Crofttrackday9-3-08032cs.jpg

Crofttrackday9-3-08004cs.jpg

Crofttrackday9-3-08003s.jpg

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Andrew, those are excellent - any chance of getting the highest-res versions of the first 2 emailed - or are the posted ones the highest res.? :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Peter, Will bung them on a disk and bring them to the speed series at croft  :t-up:

Andrew, those are excellent - any chance of getting the highest-res versions of the first 2 emailed - or are the posted ones the highest res.?        

PM me an email addy and I'll send you what I've got. Those two are cropped from bigger pics.. :t-up:

Well, I have some thanks to make...

Jeff Cooper for lending me your spare exhaust can, impact wrench, low entry jack, having a word with the scrutes and other stuff.

Oggy PeterD for providing various bashing tools and a socket

Pilot for the tyres I so embarrassingly deflated :blush:

MarkW for knackering your hand whilst undoing the sparks I  :blush:  "loosened"

Andrew and PeterD for reminding me why I have a battery cut-out switch after your valiant push-starting efforts failed due to my user-error :blush:  :blush:

Everyone else who helped out fixing the few (but significant) problems I had,  :t-up: to the NE crew and anyone else who helped me today.

OK, who's going to kick me for forgetting  :blush: someone? :blush:  ;)  :D  :D  :D  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Pleasure Peter, oh and did I forget to mention the "exhaust of quietness " is £10 per day hire  and its  two weeks till you at Croft again  :D  :D  :devil:

Pleasure Peter, oh and did I forget to mention the "exhaust of quietness " is £10 per day hire  and its  two weeks till you at Croft again  :D  :D  :devil:

Yeah but storage is £12.50 a day :p  :D  :D

goodness me me and technology  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

new bullet cam and mic , and guess who forgot to plug the microphone in  :arse:  :arse:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

anyway with music now, check out the radicals pace through the hawthorn into the chicane  :cool:  :0  :0

http://video.google.co.uk/videopl....l=en-GB

further investiagtion into this morning, I actually did plug the mic in but it has to have a power source, so still my fault  as I didnt connect it to the battery pack  :arse::mad:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

goodness me me and technology  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

new bullet cam and mic , and guess who forgot to plug the microphone in  :arse:  :arse:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

anyway with music now, check out the radicals pace through the hawthorn into the chicane  :cool:  :0  :0

http://video.google.co.uk/videopl....l=en-GB

further investiagtion into this morning, I actually did plug the mic in but it has to have a power source, so still my fault  as I didnt connect it to the battery pack  :arse::mad:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Cant you just dub in some brum brum sounds!  :D

Just spotted this pic, someone taking a very wide line in the background, I think he'd been playing on the beach!  :devil:

Crofttrackday9-3-08130c.jpg