WSCC Yorkshire Experience 2007

Club Chairman (Reserve)

That's a wicked photo! :)

Not sure what on earth you mean with the "whatnonegatives" thing though? :S

whatnonegatives  are the usual photograpers at Harewood.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slippy

• paulwoodford

• minisweeper

• Rob Navin

Thanks to all organisers and marshals  :D  :D  :D

Yep - thanks to the organisers + team Stanton for the child minding service   :t-up:

Enjoyed my two runs in the tintop - rain what rain :p

Dave O.

Speaking of tin tops I had a bit of crack with the marshall running the start, Buzz left the line wheels spinning and we both look at each other and at exactly the same time said the words 'company car' :laugh:

Excellent turn out and great event, shame about the weather..... .didnt stop the paddock humour at all :t-up:

Cast Ironk, i hope the damage isnt too bad to the motor home :down:  :down:

Mr Anson...... next event.... dont put a 185x60 tyre and 205x60 tyre on the rear and wonder why one is rubbing............... sorry, was i not meant to mention that ? ???  ;)

Mr Anson...... next event.... dont put a 185x60 tyre and 205x60 tyre on the rear and wonder why one is rubbing............... sorry, was i not meant to mention that ?    

What a foolish thing to do!  :D  .......did it myself a couple of weeks ago. (fronts) and wondered why the brakes pulled to one side.. :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :D

Speaking of tin tops I had a bit of crack with the marshall running the start, Buzz left the line wheels spinning and we both look at each other and at exactly the same time said the words 'company car' <!--emo&:laugh:

:D  Good one ! :D  :D  :D  However it is my own car! I came out of the company car scheme last year.

A big thanks to Tim Nunn for the banzi run  and also Johnny Weston Taylor for the unbelievable run in the Audi S4 estate. For a big super tanker that car can move !

I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves today.Myself,Ron, Paul,Emma,Rob & the rest of the organising team & Marshalls  were just please to see a great turn out despite the very tropical Yorkshire weather!

Right I'm off to a party tonight so its to the off licence for a couple of beers...steady night you know!!

Buzz

Firstly, a big thankyou to all the organising team for todays event.

But for me there is also a big thanks to the marshalls and Paul Pocklington for helping me get my car back to the paddock - It was not an easy job -  Hope I didn't hold things up for too long - Rather scary moment when the bottom wishbone bolt decided to part company with the upright resulting in no steering and a rather loose offside wheel. Doesn't bear thinking about if it had happened at the MIRA sprint a few weeks ago. (or come to think of it, if my daughter had been brave enough to go for a spin in the passenger seat)

To make matters worse I was then sorting some tools out from the car so we could get the car on the trailer, and the Ez-up gazebo decided to launch itself down the paddock completely wrecking the frame in the process and whilst chasing it I managed a 5 yard comical slip resulting in a nice 4 inch gash on my shin bone - Again thanks to the guys who helped me catch it and take it down.

So, all in all I have had better days but hopefully I'll be back at next weeks hillclimb.  :)  :)

Richard

Sorry to hear about your mishaps Richard, had I seen you slip I can truly say it would have brightened the day up  :D Sorry mate  :t-up:

Glad everyone seems to have had a good day - apologies for the weather, but there is only so much a girl can do  :D  :D

Slippy - you lied about it not raining :p

Emma (logged on Joanne the ticket collectors PC)  ;)

big thankyou from the essex members to the organisers

weather not to bad  for the hill runs, considering the weather on the four hour journey home. [car now a submarine] :D

lets order the sunny weather now for next year. :p

ps big thanks to the marshals  too

it must of been cold for them out there ???  

got some good in car footage  :D

Aye while all the thanks are being thrown around I'll drop mine in to the marshalls and organisers too.  And to Paul for sitting in with me...I'm not sure I ever did get it right but it was a good laugh nontheless and maybe I'll be a bit tidier next time round!

Shame the weather was so miserable I would have liked to have hung around for the afternoon and abused the free trips for a bit of extra practice but with an aeroscreened car and a not so enthusiastic family I thought I should call it a day...

Emma/Richard - I did see the fall and it was very impressive indeed!  I didn't see the crash though as I was sat on the starting line in the p******** rain wondering what the hell was taking so long!  Glad you got out safely though and not *too* much damage was done.

Now to find that new bl**** oil leak...

Slippy - you lied about it not raining :p

Not the first time I have told a porky pie to a lady, did I mention I used to be a premership footballer before 'the injury'  :laugh: oh and I drive a Porsche

Was trying to send positive vibes to the big man upstairs  :D

Firstly, a big thankyou to all the organising team for todays event.

But for me there is also a big thanks to the marshalls and Paul Pocklington for helping me get my car back to the paddock - It was not an easy job -  Hope I didn't hold things up for too long - Rather scary moment when the bottom wishbone bolt decided to part company with the upright resulting in no steering and a rather loose offside wheel. Doesn't bear thinking about if it had happened at the MIRA sprint a few weeks ago. (or come to think of it, if my daughter had been brave enough to go for a spin in the passenger seat)

To make matters worse I was then sorting some tools out from the car so we could get the car on the trailer, and the Ez-up gazebo decided to launch itself down the paddock completely wrecking the frame in the process and whilst chasing it I managed a 5 yard comical slip resulting in a nice 4 inch gash on my shin bone - Again thanks to the guys who helped me catch it and take it down.

So, all in all I have had better days but hopefully I'll be back at next weeks hillclimb.  :)  :)

Richard

Sorry to hear you had a mare mate but it makes us feel better that we are not the only ones  ;)

Yep, big thanks to the organisers and the Marshalls.

Another top weekend by the WSCC. :laugh: