ELVINGTON 13TH OCTOBER TRACKDAY

JeffC

Captain will be in at 11.30, I'm sure I heard him making mutterings of setting off at 7.30am, so not too early. Up at 6.00am. :(

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pilot Pete

• JeffC

• evo-mark

• slippy

Pete , sure we used to meet at burtree at 7.30 so will leave here 7.15  , if you do the same will be there abouts. rather have a steady drive down  than scranning all me  diesel  :down:

Cough cough tight b*****d cough cough

You sorted for a trailer Cooper

yep BJ sprint shuttle  all loaded up and ready to go  :cool:

Pete , sure we used to meet at burtree at 7.30 so will leave here 7.15  , if you do the same will be there abouts. rather have a steady drive down  than scranning all me  diesel  :down:

OK, see you at Burtree at 7-30. :t-up:

Jocksport packed and ready to roll, just hope the knacked ACB10's last more than five minutes  :(

TJ

Well, twas a good day. One was soiling himself when I turned up to a wet track with a rock hard car with 100bhp more than the pinto. But after a couple of corners I was wondering why, the car handled beutifully in the wet.

Was massively impressed with how easy the car was to drive, on slicks it was on rails, the brakes felt good but I dont think I ever really tested them. Only tiny problem with the car we had was the idle screw kept coming loose so when we came in it idled @ 4000rpm :0 , a washer fixed that though, need a spring.

Also my 1st flag of blackness, I honestly didn't see the yellow flag I overtook under, thought there was something possibly wrong with the car. :blush:

Some piccies:

Elvington13-10-07014.jpg

Elvington13-10-07031.jpg

Elvington13-10-07041.jpg

Elvington13-10-07044.jpg

Elvington13-10-07057.jpg

Elvington13-10-07058.jpg

Elvington13-10-07059.jpg

Elvington13-10-07060.jpg

Strange sort of day really, didn't get off to a good start clocking the noise meter at 116db  :(  ???  ???  After 3 failed noise checks the day was looking bleek. Thanks  (BIG THANKS) to Jeffrey for his assistance. Eventually got going but suffered from duff tyres, should have known better and a leccy gremlin  :( which kept shuuting the motor down, the cause of one big spin and a brief pant painting moment. Not sure who was driving, Andrew or Algar Jnr when you came onto the straight and say me pointing towards you  :sheep:

To cap it all the video of truth packed up, so footage is very limited. Sorry to John who lost a gonad when we pulled the doughnut to make us point the right way after the spin   :laugh:

Think that's it for me for '07 although I've heard a whisper about Cadwell........

nee botha biglad  ;)

s**t day for me never got on track with anything that was putting up a fight  :( spent most of the day hooning about and  practicing drifting  :durr:   :durr:

Im begining to think the captain has the right idea owning a slower car  :down:  :down:  :down:

Andrew or Algar Jnr when you came onto the straight and say me pointing towards you  :sheep:

I think it was father, and I'm pretty sure he had the camera rolling :D

big thanks to JC for the lift there and back  :t-up:

i had a top day its completely stress free when your only spectating and blagging the odd ride out  :)

nice to see the Dixons getting to grips with the new car

not sure how many outings the pinto will make in the future tho  ???  ???

top driving BTW cooper its the first time ive been side ways in a westy :laugh:

just to say a big thanks to jeff c for the passenger ride very very quick car. bike engines make sense in that enviroment. very good fun to be driven sideways mostly before fitting the slicks  .did you manage to get the clutch housing back together ok thanks keith