• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conibear

• JeffC

• ChrisG

• Bazzer

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, Biker boys I need to do a trackday somewhere fairly local and your all more than welcome to come and see/challenge my 200bhp SEIW

Do I really need to go on?  :D

There's no relation between those figures and weight of car, they are absolute figures regardless of whether the car weight 5kgs or 5 tons. Therefore if the car with 1600lbft at the wheels weighed the same as the one with 1500lbft it would accelerate more quickly. It doesnt weigh the same though, something you cannot deny!

Chris, you have misread my post.

Above is exactly what I imply, the CEC has more torque at the wheels :t-up: As you state :t-up:

Regarding the weight comment which you have misread, I think weight of any vehicle should be regarded as tongue in cheek. Because you may think a 1.3L Busa weighs 485kg and I may think it weigh 510kg ???  do you think ??? we can all boast at how much my car weighs or doesn't weigh that is my point, but what does it actually weigh, this is important in the torque sum is it not :D

I may have drifted some from the 210bhp is equivalent to a standard Busa, but never stated it's substantial or a clear advantage :zzz:  ???  :blush:  :D  :blush:

This was in reaction to JeffC stating a standard busa is comparable to a 250bhp CEC, which hopefully you can agree is b*****k.  

I give up   :(

moving on and the next issue

the world is round , any one care to argue its actually flat  ???  :suspect:  :suspect:

This was in reaction to JeffC stating a standard busa is comparable to a 250bhp CEC, which hopefully you can agree is b*****k.  

I give up   <!--emo&:(

moving on and the next issue

the world is round , any one care to argue its actually flat  ???  :suspect:  :suspect:

Jeff it is not a critiscm goodness me, but why i posted in 1st place on this thread thats all, sorry i did now, thought i was allowed

original posters  question.

Megabusa versus XE with circa 200 bhp. Is the Megabusa quicker?Better handling? Pro's and cons?

my reply came from my experience of driving with loads of cec"s over the years for eg.

Ive had my standard busa against Evo Marks 220bhp zetec, Im sure he will back me up when I say that acceleration his car couldnt keep with my car. same story with a 220 bhp vauxhall car, (a car I owned and was driven by my pal)  

Ive been on track in front of and behind numerous csr 260bhp c/vans and I could never overtake them in a straight line but they could never get away from me either , (except Donnington up hill with mk1 airbox fitted)  

Scottish Blokes 250bhp Vx was no quicker that my standard busa again Im sure he would confirm this.

so I would stand by my original reply my busa (standard with power commander) was on a par with a 250bhp cec.

and then you state Im talking b*****k  ???

:t-up:

Do you think a 20 sec 0-100-0 is quick

no 20 seconds is prob closer to a cec pace  :devil:

my video doesnt set away till 5 seconds  and car is at a halt around 19secs   ;)

I have an original article on my standard Busa in a 0-100-0 challenge in 2004 on 032 tyres

It did 0-100 in 8.94 secs an 0-100-0 in 12.76secs

I did that vid  in December on road tyres so I couldnt stand on the brakes as hard as I could have done had it been warmer .

I was actually trying to get the westfield quoted time of 3.2secs to 60 and on my car it wasnt possible  :arse:  

best Ive timed on a warmer day was high 3"s  to 60 and just under 9 secs to 100. 100-0 would be much quicker though  :D

I reckon my latest busa would be a fair bit quicker though  :t-up:

I have an original article on my standard Busa in a 0-100-0 challenge in 2004 on 032 tyres

It did 0-100 in 8.94 secs an 0-100-0 in 12.76secs

terry could I blag a copy of that  :t-up:  Is it right that my car was also used on westfields original advertising for the mega busa ? do you have anything with it on  :t-up:  :t-up:

Yes

The car was the original Busa demo and appeared in magazines and on Westfield publicity literature. At one time it even had blue bodywork. (On Image wheels ad)I will see if I can dig out copies for you