BEC v CEC

The Seer

How much does one of your wheel&tyres weigh?

My R500 wheels n tyres were 8kgs each.

I had some Image wheels for my other project and they werent that light, they were 5kgs each.

The Caterham 8 spokes with A048s weighed 13kgs each IIRC, so a total of 20kgs over the car more than the previous combination. Huge difference!

Other than dropping the busa and fitting an R1 or something you wont loose much in one hit.

I spent a winter with the angle grinder, drill and dremel and shaved 6kgs off by chopping unnecessary bits off here and there. The old reverse box mountings, the 3 point seat belt turrets, etc etc.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conibear

• JeffC

• ChrisG

• Bazzer

Top Posters In This Topic

480-512 = 32kg  ;)  :D

mine has image wheels which are light, fair bit of carbon, alli brakes  ,lightweight seats etc  this car has sierra diff rather than freelander.  not sure how much heavier the caged cage is over the rac bar but it didnt seem  that bad when I fitted it  :suspect:  :suspect:

my car with me in it is 600kg  :0  :0 sooooooo how can I shed a lump of weight without me hitting the slimfasts then  :down:  :mad:  :(  :D

512kg is with a cage though. Your old car was 505 without which is 25Kg  :D  :D

When my car was 480Kg it didn't have the cage.

Bazzer

And now, to stir it up some more - what the f**k had torque got to do with it? :p

I hope that was a sarcastic post Stu, either that or you have me on Ignore so havent read any of my posts in which case you won't see this one either! :D

And now, to stir it up some more - what the f**k had torque got to do with it? :p

I hope that was a sarcastic post Stu, either that or you have me on Ignore so havent read any of my posts in which case you won't see this one either! :D

Sarcasm - but aimed elsewhere - supporting your side of the discussion if you like :t-up:

got the car weighed again (same scales) at Croft on Sunday with cxr"s and michy slicks instead of image and 888"s and the car had dropped to 500kg,  them toyos must be b****y heavy  tyres :0  :0  :0

and 590KG with your lard :arse:  sitting in it :devil:  :p

my diet starts today i couldn't believe i weighed over 70 KG when i stood on the scales  :suspect:

i'm normally around 68Kg