• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conibear

• JeffC

• ChrisG

• Bazzer

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I'm Douglas Fir, Can I sing you a song?  :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:

Sorry... I used to work in garden centre selling Christmas stuff and I had to spend 6 month in close proximity to a Douglas Fir that spoke or sang a song every time I went past, I'm scarred for life because it.... please don't mention that tree again.... can i suggest maybe a Metasequoia glyptostroboides would be better as they prefer an acid soil.  :)

It made 285BHP on Emeralds rolling road last week. It has 170lbft of torque at the crank. Its quite fast for a BEC  :p

I'm sure somehow Ian's car will be faster.

He races it, dont you know. None of this trackday or sprint namby pamby stuff.

:devil:

Edward

Whats with the insults ???

I thought you were a nice bloke when I met you, Oh hang on thats before we went out on to the track of one of your so called namby pamby trackdays. Yer, I remember now, your so called ultra quick Orange megablade that I passed as if you were standing still, don't you remember your little orange rocket seemed like it was standing still as my little blue boat anchor went past and as I looked in the mirror eventually as the dust settled I saw you facing in the wrong direction, you must have been trying too hard a :mad:  Strange, I only had 220bhp then :laugh:

And don't be so silly, my car would not be a match for Bazzers :mad:

Personally I think sprinting is brilliant, certainly not namby pampy stuff as you suggest, although its a different discipline than racing at least they got the balls to risk body and vehicle and not just talk about it, if you got nothing constructive to write go and find someone else to bully

I dropped the hint by mentioning torque at the wheels which along with weight IS the defining factor in how quickly a car accelerates (at least until drag comes into play), but you didn't seem to twig that concept or realise that there's NO direct relationship between crank torque figures and acceleration! If you looked at say 0-100mph times and compared them against engine torque to weight ratio of each of the cars, there would be no trend or pattern whatsoever. Despite all this you still seem to be pointing towards your original musings on engine torque as the basis of why a CEC has a clear advantage over a BEC, which suggests that you don't actually understand what you're arguing ;)

Chris, I do 'twig' that concept. On page three YOU quoted a 210bhp CEC having 1599lb/ft of torque at the wheels. And then YOU quoted a standard Busa having 1509lb/ft of torque at the wheels. So in my eyes 1599 is higher than 1509, which is YOUR example of aceleration, not mine ;)  :p  If these figures are wrong in relation to weights of the said vehicle, then that one can be argued all day.

And, I never quoted that CEC has 'substantially' more or a 'clear' advantage over BEC's, you have :D  On page one I quoted a standard Busa is comparable to a 210bhp CEC. This was in reaction to JeffC stating a standard busa is comparable to a 250bhp CEC, which hopefully you can agree is b*****k.  :D Anyway, what you like at grave digging :D

Does it really matter which is faster? It's all getting a bit personal and in the end of the day the driver skill is far more important to a vehicle being quick.

Power to weights etc are all for pub bragging unless you are already an accomplished driver.

Did a track day yesterday where I could only just keep up with a 120bhp MX5 weighing 960kg's with driver - mainly because he is good and I'm crap!

:t-up:

Chris, I do 'twig' that concept. On page three YOU quoted a 210bhp CEC having 1599lb/ft of torque at the wheels. And then YOU quoted a standard Busa having 1509lb/ft of torque at the wheels. So in my eyes 1599 is higher than 1509, which is YOUR example of aceleration, not mine ;)  :p  If these figures are wrong in relation to weights of the said vehicle, then that one can be argued all day.

Said in Homer Voice.........Ummmmm 1599lb/ft of torque.

well i remember way back in 05 my driver kicking nannas :arse: in a standard bussa when nanas had 250 bhp plus vauxhall xe and a quaife six speed CR sequential gearbox and you can't call nanas a carefull driver because he is a raving nut case :D  :D  :D

:oops:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Nana -  he can drive a bit and has lots of Carbon fibre  :cool:

And whilst I think about it get your A*** back on my trophy shelf