Are Westfield answering questions?

Mal

My advise would be to use a modern day communication tool... its callled a telephone!

That is not modern anymore!! flipping years old  :p  mind you, I bet your knocking on these days buzz.... does your phone have a winding handle?  :D

You must mean skype or txt :D

But to be honest I did try to contact Westfield recently, 3 times by telephone. I tied to speak to both techincal and parts and finally resorted to e-mail and got sweet FA. Finally manged on the 4th call tonight! Hopefully all matters resolved  :t-up:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• michaelcoombs

• lukeyboy

• Martin Keene

• Mal

Well, there have been 15 replies to my posting and non from Mr Westfield.

I thought the purpose of this section was for Westfield to answer questions and at the same time allow other people to see the answers and in the process reduce the number of questions asked and be of mutual benefit.

Mal

I was told that my low line body was available ... well i was told that the body work was still available for all cars. Then when i asked for a price i was told the parts department would get back to me. nothing happened. this went on and on until I finally got answer on here oddly enough, and it turns out that its not available anymore so i will have to patch/make new components from my old ones.  :laugh:

:)

IIRC correctly the scuttle is the same for both types of body work (low & high) it is onlt the nose and bonnet that are different. Might be worth thinking about swapping to high line.

That is an option but i prefur the look of the low line cars... It took me ages to find an low line SEi so i'm not that keen on changing. Think i make myself a mould and make myself a low line carbon nose and bonnet...  :)

G'day Mr Murray  :D

Hi Mark, How's things?  Hope Curborough was a big success (again) for you! :)

Hope all you guys are now having some decent weather after all the rainfall in the UK.  Here in Oz it's the middle of winter but it's still a perfect day for a blat (if I had a Westie), just like a British spring day!  Not trying to make you jealous honestly!  For example and by comparison, summer here would be too hot for a comfortable Westfield blat IMHO.

Back to the topic, has Westfield's service got worse since the company changed hands???

Jon

Think i make myself a mould and make myself a low line carbon nose and bonnet...  

My cheque book's at the ready Michael  :D  :love:  ;)

Think i make myself a mould and make myself a low line carbon nose and bonnet...  

My cheque book's at the ready Michael  :D  :love:  ;)

I think the key bit of that sentence was myself  :laugh:  :D  :D  :p

slightly of track here, how do you know if its low line or not?

slightly of track here, how do you know if its low line or not?

The back edge of the bonnet is about 6" above the sides of the chassis on the low line but about 7 1/2" for the high line. These dimensions seem quite variable but it should give you the idea. :)

Back on thread..... an example of todays experience of Wesfield customer service when chasing missing warranty parts....

Calls 1, 2 and 3 "all lines are busy". Call 4 "I'll look into it, can you ring back after lunch?". Call 5, after lunch, "I'll look into it and see if anything was found out, ring back at 4:30pm". Rang back at 4:30pm "I'm sorry there all busy with a customers, can you ring back?". I explained the days fiasco and she agreed to take a message and get someone to ring me back as soon as they'd finish with the customer................... still waiting at 5:55pm

I tried e-mail last week after failed telephone attempts to get anybody. I was told that they had responded to my e-mail, unfortunately it never reach me, so I asked for them to resend the response........ still nothing.

So, last year I missed the summer due to waiting for parts from Westfield and this year I'm going to miss the summer due to crap weather and missing parts. Not to mention that I've been off work today and it's been the sunniest day ever  :angry:

I'm the member who mentioned the lack of response from WF back in May.  Still no answer, not even an acknowledgement, so clearly WF are not reading the Board.  (or worse, they are, but ignoring it).

Surely one of the main benefits of using the Board for technical help is that info can be easily and quickly shared.  It is also a great opportunity for WF to demonstrate their 'new way', following the take-over.  In my experience so far, the 'old way' worked better....

A few examples:

Earlier this year I emailed WF about a potential safety issue on the Eleven, but heard nothing.  I thought that in future the Board would be a useful route  for keeping Eleven owners informed about this kind of issue, so resolved to put any new queries through 'Technical Help' where appropriate.  Still nothing.

A previous problem with parts' supply was resolved only after the intervention of the new MD - the order had apparently been 'overlooked'.  (This order was for a value of over £200...).

I didn't learn about the front wishbone recall on the Eleven earlier this year until a box of replacements arrived at my door.  Apparently the letter advising me not to drive the car was sent in error to another WF owner (not of an Eleven).

On a more positive note, am I the only member suddenly to realise the rationale behind the WF logo?  The top half is the sun setting in the 'West'.  The bottom half is, yes, a Field.  Apologies if I am the very last to see this.   :)

logo

am I the only member suddenly to realise the rationale behind the WF logo?  The top half is the sun setting in the 'West'.  The bottom half is, yes, a Field.  Apologies if I am the very last to see this

Nope and apology accepted  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :devil:

Technical support service is definitely not up to the standard I received when building my car back in 2004.  Have tried phoning, they don't phone back as promised.  Experience of posting on the Technical Help is one very slow response and one no response has been received.

Raymond

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Gavin in parts and he was excellent as usual and sent me the misssing  brake pipe connectors very quickly. However on the matter of the new electronic manual he said he would ask for some pdf's to be sent to me. No result. I e-mailed support at Westfield 3 weeks ago to talk about my harness connection problems- no response. I phoned 4 times last monday to talk to Mark Walker - he was either on the phone  or with a customer. I was invited to leave a contact number -  I still await the return call.  Good customer service  in my book is based on at least keeping the customer informed. o.k if you are busy say so and give the customer an idea of when their problem/ issue can be attended dealt with. I've got more response out of WSCC members to my problem Thank you Fraser and Anthony at least I can keep moving with my build.

Come on Westfield/ Potenza start building some confidence by sorting you Customer Relations Management out soon.

Try talking to simon.naughton @ westfield-sportscars.co.uk, he's the guy who is writing the new pdf manual.  Seems keen to help.  Mark and Simon are currently sharing Holly's old office at the front.

Got the impression that things are a bit topsy-turvey atm  :0  :0

Rory's Dad