Are Westfield answering questions?

Mal

Hello,

If you look at the list of questions going back to March there are a good proportion of non-replies.

I don't think I am alone in noticing this.

Here is a similar post:

Hallo,

Anybody there??  (posted technical query on May 14th, and no response as at June 17th.)

Tony  

I posted a question about the bore size of a master cylinder a week ago, but no reply as yet.

What are your experiences?

Mal.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• michaelcoombs

• lukeyboy

• Martin Keene

• Mal

My personal experience of the factory is pretty poor technically and hopeless with regards to any aspect of older cars. Puts me off any thoughts of a new build to be honest especially when considered along side the poor re-sale values.

I would give up with the factory and try and go direct to the manufacturer for the detail.

Cheers

Andrew

My personal experience of the factory is pretty poor technically and hopeless with regards to any aspect of older cars. Puts me off any thoughts of a new build to be honest especially when considered along side the poor re-sale values.

I would give up with the factory and try and go direct to the manufacturer for the detail.

Err... and exactly who is the manufacturer if the factory aren't?

Have you tried ringing them? Westfield's technical advice has always been spot on in my experience, and support for the older cars is just as good as it is for the mordern stuff. But you have to be realistic about the advice your asking for.

As an example,, I note you have a Zetec into a low line body work narrow body, asking for advice this is quite obviously a waste of time, they have never done it so why would they know anything about?

Have an older car and have always found the Factory to be very helpful. Best to call and speak to someone in person.

I agree that you will generally get a good response if you phone.  But that's not the point when Westfield have supposedly kicked off a web-based technical helpline, is it.

Have you tried ringing them? Westfield's technical advice has always been spot on in my experience, and support for the older cars is just as good as it is for the mordern stuff. But you have to be realistic about the advice your asking for.

As an example,, I note you have a Zetec into a low line body work narrow body, asking for advice this is quite obviously a waste of time, they have never done it so why would they know anything about?

I have never had any luck getting anything other than very basic info from them. It took me several attempts and about 12 months to even find out if my bodywork was still available.  :bangshead:

to answer the original question.. no they don't reply on here.

Also they don't reply to emails....

Phoning is not always possible.....and they don't return calls

The car is great though!

I have never had any luck getting anything other than very basic info from them. It took me several attempts and about 12 months to even find out if my bodywork was still available.  :bangshead:

It took me one phone call to find out the molds for my 1992 SE were still available...

:suspect:

Cheers

Andrew

If you think Westfield is bad.Wait till you build somenoe elses kit.

My advise would be to use a modern day communication tool... its callled a telephone!

Buzz

G'day Mr Murray  :D

It took me one phone call to find out the molds for my 1992 SE were still available...

:suspect:

I was told that my low line body was available ... well i was told that the body work was still available for all cars. Then when i asked for a price i was told the parts department would get back to me. nothing happened. this went on and on until I finally got answer on here oddly enough, and it turns out that its not available anymore so i will have to patch/make new components from my old ones.  :laugh:

:)

I was told that my low line body was available ... well i was told that the body work was still available for all cars. Then when i asked for a price i was told the parts department would get back to me. nothing happened. this went on and on until I finally got answer on here oddly enough, and it turns out that its not available anymore so i will have to patch/make new components from my old ones.  :laugh:

:)

IIRC correctly the scuttle is the same for both types of body work (low & high) it is onlt the nose and bonnet that are different. Might be worth thinking about swapping to high line.