Elvington

Andrew

which pads fit the powerlite calipers as i thought only rally design did pads for wilwood got smart pads fitted not overly impressed was going to change to poly q s

That's a dam good question.. :suspect:  :suspect:  anyone care to answer?  :t-up:  :t-up:

The very reason I have been umming and arring over Wilwood Powerlites for nearly three years now.

You can 'only' get pads to fit from Wilwood themselves :(

Anyone interested in DS2500's if I can convince Ferodo to make us some pads for ther Powerlites ??? Gotta be worth a try...?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew

• JeffC

• slippy

• oioi

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone interested in DS2500's if I can convince Ferodo to make us some pads for ther Powerlites  Gotta be worth a try...?

Would be interested, but I need some quick. Booked into Croft in a fortnight.. :t-up:

Was there some issues with the noise and has the limit been reduced to 102db?

Yes, noise limit is now 102db, and yes Simon's busa had trouble getting there. A bit of emergency silencer packing got him there eventually. :oops:  :oops:

What didn't you like about the pads ?

Paul. the pedal felt OK to be honest, it was just a lack of stopping power.

Andrew, what did the brakes feel like during road use ? Much of a difference compared to the M16 set up ?

What didn't you like about the pads ?

Paul. the pedal felt OK to be honest, it was just a lack of stopping power.

Andrew, what did the brakes feel like during road use ? Much of a difference compared to the M16 set up ?

They didn't impress, didn't try them much on the road before doing Elvington. But I think they lacked any initial bite when you first push the peddle. (plus not a lot when you really needed it  :(   )Hard to describe. :t-up:  :t-up:

They didn't impress, didn't try them much on the road before doing Elvington. But I think they lacked any initial bite when you first push the peddle. (plus not a lot when you really needed it  

Hope it's just the pads then and we've not wasted £270

:arse:

I`ve fitted the same, tried various pads on my M16`s

greenstuff - *crap*

ds2500 - good but overheated on track days

fitted willwoods

smart pads - okay on road , overheated on track days

poly A`s - awesome pad all day long and excellent from cold  :t-up:

Seeing as this seems to have turned into a braking thread... ;)  Have just checked my front "smart" pads. Not sure how much meat was on them new, but they're down to less than 10mm (inc back plate) after one trackday.  :bangshead:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Think I'll ring R/design and see if they'll swap my smart pads for Poly A's

I think that's a *smart* move!  :D  I have just ordered a set. :D  :D