• JeffC

• slippy

• oioi

Top Posters In This Topic

Not playing with your blipper ;)

swmbo wanted to , but was tooooooooo tired  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

may let her have a blip this evening  ;)  :devil:

Hi Chaps

just found out what was going on with my handling or lack of it at times, Antiroll bar at the front had a bolt come out and disconnected from the other side and this was locking the suspension. And the brakes felt bad just solved that too the rear pads were fitted wrong and not lined up with the piston. All things put straight now just need some spring and dampers.

Gavin.

Was not so impressed with the Willwood smart pads, need to change them for something better.

What was pedal feel/stoppig power like with the wilwood's ?

What didn't you like about the pads ?

Paul. the pedal felt OK to be honest, it was just a lack of stopping power. I suspect they were getting too hot. At £20 a set I was perhaps expecting a bit too much of them.. :t-up: Will go with what I was using with the M16s, mintex 1144 or try 1166s. :t-up:  :t-up:  I take it you haven't tried your Willwood set up in anger yet??

I wouldnt use 1144 in the front If i was given them for nowt... 1166 front and 1144 rear is defo the way forward  ;)  thought my car was going to do an endo when I hit the brakes  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

jockhill was superb :)  350 miles all told (140 miles each way plus 70 miles on track).  can highly recommend the trip, day was very well run and standard of driving was good.  great fun track.

Did it stay dry for you Mike? Any bonny pics/vid?  Totalled up my mileage yesterday, 287miles. That's about 140 on track. Used £70 of fuel, rough mpg must be about 16 to the gallon average for the day.

70 miles was about right as it was only 9-1.  track was very greasy to begin with but dried up nicely within an hour.  started raining about 12:30, but i had run out of fuel by then, so called it a day as i knew i had to drive back home and had been "ahem" pushing my luck a tad at times.

didnt bother taking a camera.

fortunately others did :)

lots of photos here and here

How did you get on with your lsd in the greasy conditions Mike?  :t-up: Mine was better than I'd hoped for in the dry, but the odd time I've driven it on wet roads its been a bit lively at the back end. Admittedly  with a bit of provocation from too much hoof, to "see what it does" :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :D  :D

I wouldnt use 1144 in the front If i was given them for nowt... 1166 front and 1144 rear is defo the way forward  ;)  thought my car was going to do an endo when I hit the brakes  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Unfortunately I dont think I have much choice for the rears, as they're good old drums. Unless anyone knows different... :t-up:  :t-up:  But yes, will probably go with your 1166 plan. :D

Where's the youtube footage? you've had all day.. :t-up:  :t-up:

about 6:30 ish a sweet sounding car comes past  sweet  

Even if you say so your self!  :D  :D

How did you get on with your lsd in the greasy conditions Mike?  :t-up: Mine was better than I'd hoped for in the dry, but the odd time I've driven it on wet roads its been a bit lively at the back end. Admittedly  with a bit of provocation from too much hoof, to "see what it does" :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :D  :D

it was great on the track :)  love the drive you get out of the corner and not snappy at all.  coming out the hairpin sideways was just nice and felt like you could keep your foot buried far better with back hung out.  overall felt like the car had a better balance, felt more neutral.

on the road in the wet its a different animal.  i suppose like you, ive hoofed it in second coming out of a bend and gone "whhoooooo" as the back has snapped out very quickly.  I also had a few moments on the way up to jockhill where it was dark and damp and the back went when i was too agressive the throttle in the third (and one moment in fourth at a fairly large speed).

i guess the difference is on the track your trying to be smoooooth and put the power down nicely with a little bit of drift.  on the road grip levels are lower, tyres are colder and its easier to light up the rears and hence it can feel a bit more snappy.

Unfortunately I dont think I have much choice for the rears, as they're good old drums. Unless anyone knows different... :t-up:  :t-up:  But yes, will probably go with your 1166 plan. :D

Where's the youtube footage? you've had all day.. :t-up:  :t-up:

ferrodo ds 2500 work well for me

[

Paul. the pedal felt OK to be honest, it was just a lack of stopping power. I suspect they were getting too hot. At £20 a set I was perhaps expecting a bit too much of them.. <!--emo&:t-up: Will go with what I was using with the M16s, mintex 1144 or try 1166s. :t-up:  :t-up:  I take it you haven't tried your Willwood set up in anger yet??

No, car still in bits ( brakes fitted though). Haven't got any seats yet, going to Mac1 In sheffield tomorrow to have a look @ their fibregalss ones, then should be on the road at end of week

which pads fit the powerlite calipers as i thought only rally design did pads for wilwood got smart pads fitted not overly impressed was going to change to poly q s

which pads fit the powerlite calipers as i thought only rally design did pads for wilwood got smart pads fitted not overly impressed was going to change to poly q s

That's a dam good question.. :suspect:  :suspect:  anyone care to answer?  :t-up:  :t-up:

I had smart pads last year at elvington withyou guys as it happens.  :D

Fitted poly A race pads for tye croes later on with the idea of just running them for track and swapping for road.

They where that good from cold and took the heat at tye croes harpin that have left em in all the time, spot on   :cool:  :t-up:   :cool:  :t-up: