• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Elvington

Andrew

I would've loved to come and play, and seriously considered it. I would be a novice and the car's a virgin....but the cycle wings fell apart last weekend and I haven't got the new ones. The engine needs a few hundred more miles before it's ready and haven't been able to get out.

I will be 'hopefully' there for the next one there. Keep us "posted" on how it goes.

P.S. Weather forecast looks good. If it's anything like today it should be stunning (only 20 miles away)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew

• JeffC

• slippy

• oioi

Top Posters In This Topic

I  wouldnt take a new built car there, my car looks like its been shot with a 12 bore after half a dozen Elvington sessions   :(  :(   :blush:  :angry:  :down:

Re you taking the camera of truth captain ? I found that mount  that goes between the seats that I made last year if you want it   ???

Re you taking the camera of truth captain ? I found that mount  that goes between the seats that I made last year if you want it    

Yes, will bring camera that knows no lies. :oops:  I've got a home brewed mount for it, but fetch your's along too. :t-up:

I will get up to Knockhill one day!  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :D

well worth the treck.  the run ups good fun and the track is superb.  truly challenging  :)  :)

I  wouldnt take a new built car there, my car looks like its been shot with a 12 bore after half a dozen Elvington sessions   :(  :(   :blush:  :angry:  :down:

Well it's 2 cycle wings so far in 600 miles on the road. I wouldn't say the car was disposable but it was built to have fun in.

Proper tracks can be expensive, and a long drive. So it's local fun + body panels vs. expensive tracks + a long treck :durr:

I will get up to Knockhill one day!  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :D

well worth the treck.  the run ups good fun and the track is superb.  truly challenging  :)  :)

Mike

we looked at Trackdays at knockers last year and couldnt find any other the loony days with the Nova boys  and a couple of hours on a friday night  :(  ??? .. Let us know when the next one is , will defo be up for that

I  wouldnt take a new built car there, my car looks like its been shot with a 12 bore after half a dozen Elvington sessions   :(  :(   :blush:  :angry:  :down:

Well it's 2 cycle wings so far in 600 miles on the road. I wouldn't say the car was disposable but it was built to have fun in.

Proper tracks can be expensive, and a long drive. So it's local fun + body panels vs. expensive tracks + a long treck :durr:

Your right, dont listen to Jeff, he's a tart!  :devil:  Elvingtons fine with your car cocooned in gaffer tape!  :oops:  :oops:  :D  :D  :D

Mike

we looked at Trackdays at knockers last year and couldnt find any other the loony days with the Nova boys  and a couple of hours on a friday night  :(  ??? .. Let us know when the next one is , will defo be up for that

Ditto for me, Mike. :D

this is organised by SIDC http://www.sidc.co.uk/

they do quite a few at knockhill.  normally more se7ens/elises than scoobies, but good craic and good standard of driving (until i get on track  :down:  :down: ).

85quid for 9-1 open pitlane.

other place to keep an eye open for jockhill is jock se7ens and jock elsies although theyre heading down to teesside...

Elvingtons fine with your car cocooned in gaffer tape!  :oops:  :oops:  :D  :D  :D

Where are you sticking your gaffer tape :oops:  :oops:

:D  :D

Personally, I dont use gaffer tape. :D  :D but here are a couple of semi cocooned cars at Elvington.. :D

10252.jpeg

He ran out of tape on the passenger's arch.. ???  ???

10251.jpeg

Early shot of one "purple throbber" rear arches well protected!  :D  :D  :D

towbar fitted and wiredup   :mad:  trailer loaded.. camera of truth on charge..fuel cans filled.. driving licence in pocket.. Flask ready for the morning..  :t-up:

Most importantantly have you stocked up on the Midget gems captain ??? I will be devastated  If you forget  :blush:  :blush:  :blush: