Zetec or VX

i would put an xe in if your chassis is a narrow tunnel iv just been messing about with an st engine and that is the same block as a zetec but with a cable clutch it pushed the engine to far forword for it to fit under the bonnet with the zetec chassis you dont have the same problem due to the tunnel being 5"wider,but having said that the st engine has vvt and that makes the cylinder head taller than the standard zetec

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stu999

• the_fbi

• stewart pickles

• Jenko

I thought it depended on the gear box.....the MT75 gear box cars had the wider tunnel compared to the type 9......so I'm not sure the engine makes any difference..could be wrong though....

on a narrow tunnel car with a type 9 gearbox you can't get any off the bellhousing in the tunnel so the engine is 175 mm in to the engine bay with the xe engine the bellhousing is 150mm so you have 25mm more to play with

on a narrow tunnel car with a type 9 gearbox you can't get any off the bellhousing in the tunnel

not true... it depends on what bell housing you have...  ;)