• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Volvo 5cyl Turbo Westfield

RS WST

Hi Andy

Just getting the head ceramic coated on the inlet and exhaust ports and combustion chamber.

Once that is back its going to JWT @ Stanwood's for a dummy build to calculate the piston height and valve cutouts so the pistons can be ordered from CP in the USA

I'm going with Ken & Mick Thurs morning to Le Mans so see you at the camp site for a few shandy's

:)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RS WST

• volvorsport

• JeffC

• Buzz Billsberry

Hi Austin just a thought  but when I did my 8 injector set up I was told the best way to fit the outer injectors was at about 80 deg to the direction of air flow to aid fuel air mix rather than straight down the throttle body. Have you looked in to this? It would have been much easier to have fitted them like you have done. Still the engine is looking very :cool:

I was also told to mount the injectors just inside the bell mouth as if any fuel dripped it would get taken in to the engine and not in to the filter. A petrol soaked air filter could get exciting ;)

Wow amazing skill making something that small. My inlet is quite long so this may also affect the best way to mount the injectors. On saying that it does work very well and torque is very impressive ;)

Engine.jpg

Think i just creamed my pants!!!

P.S. Austin, I take it you'll be there in time for P**s-up on Friady (sorry Drivers parrade)  :D

Engine.jpg

Think i just creamed my pants!!!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

P.S. Austin, I take it you'll be there in time for P**s-up on Friady (sorry Drivers parrade)  :D

Heading off first thing Thurs morning with Ken and Mick

Will be at the campsite for Thurs afternoon so Fri is free for the "Drivers Parade" (p#ss up)

Very nice work Austen... but hurry the feck up!  :D

I have 5 cylinder envy - would really like to put one in my next project.

moomin