• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dern

• timd

• Martin Keene

• Blatman

Having been out in it, I can understand why it doesn't stay with one person for long. If ever a car was for the track only, then this is it...

Mad, mad car!

:D

Not sure about that. I mean, the throttle has more than 2 positions, and if you want to resist the urge to drive flat out everywhere, then just run on 1 engine.

Unless it has stupidly low ground clearance, then what other issues make it "track only" when compared to a more run of the mill BEC, cage notwithstanding...

Not for the Tokyo taxi driver then - throttle like an ON- OFF switch.  :D

Unless it has stupidly low ground clearance, then what other issues make it "track only" when compared to a more run of the mill BEC, cage notwithstanding...

More to do with transmission noise and general NVH.

The combination of the two bike gearboxes and the transfer box makes it a *very* noisey place to be... If your thinking it can't be much louder than a normal straight cut, trust me it is...

:0

Hadn't thought about noise, to be honest...

which class does this go in in the SS?

I *think* if is class F, Modified Road Going, above 1800cc Car Engine and above 1150cc Bike Engine.

Might be wrong though...

I bet some potential buyer sends him an email asking if it can be converted back to a full screen so they can take their wife on a picnic in it.

:D  :p  :devil:

All passengers are required to be short arses, like me!, because number two engine sits wear the end of the footwell used to be...

:D

I bet some potential buyer sends him an email asking if it can be converted back to a full screen so they can take their wife on a picnic in it.

I would say as it has 8 cylinders although not in a V , it should qualify for the tartan rug  ;)  :D  :D  :devil:  :p

calling Barry to confirm  :0  :0  :p

That was Jan wasnt it?

I would say as it has 8 cylinders although not in a V , it should qualify for the tartan rug  ;)  :D  :D  :devil:  :p

If you have 8 cylinders you don't just need a tartan rug, you need those special tartan rugs with a waterproof base and you can't just get them anywhere you know. You can normally get a very exclusive tourer pack at your local petrol station consisting of a luxury rubber back rug and a stainless steel vacuum flask which, at a fiver, is a worthwhile investment imo.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.