• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rob Navin

• Mark Stanton

• Terry Everall

• Mid life crisis

Just got back from another fabulous day at Harewood,great fun, great company and even the weather was good to us.  Many thanks to all who supported the event hope you all enjoyed it? apologies to those few at the end who did not get their last run, but Simon had punctured the rad and the track was covered in a coolant/addative mixture that was as slippery as oil. Unfortunately this mix is worse than oil.  Oil we can treat this stuff we cannot,if we put cement on it the water content sets it and clogs the track surface, a move that would not endear us to the track owners.  So rather than ruin an excellant day and risk someone else spinning off and hitting the hedge we made the decision to call it a day. Hope it did not spoil it for those involved but safety must be paramount, hope to see you all next year. :D  :D  :D

I would just like to say thanks to the team for putting it together and all those involved in running the day.  It was my first time at Harewood and even if I did end up facing backwards at one stage, I had an excellent day out.

:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :D  :D  :t-up:

Anyone got a link to last years class B times.  Just curious to see what the ball park figure is for a good time for future reference?

Look on the speed series results pages :D

I would also like to say thanks for another fantastically organised Harewood event, passengers thought it was great too.

had a great time ,well organised and all seemed to run smooth.

weather held off nicely. many thanks ,and will be back for more next year. :D   :D

Classic slapstick moment:-

Come lunchtime, a huge gust of wind whipped up the side of Harewood, took hold of my plate full of salad, dressing, colslaw, ketchup, greasy burgers'n'sausages, and deposited the contents on my chest.

Apart from that all went well. Judging by the weather both on the Sat and Mon, we were all very lucky b*******s!

Looking forward to Mallory and any other trackdays that come my way!

Apart from that all went well. Judging by the weather both on the Sat and Mon, we were all very lucky b*******s!

Lucky ?

Lucky  ???  ???

I tell you its ALL  down to the planning  :devil:

Well I did tell em you had it on special order for Sunday  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  ;)

For those of you who don't get Motorsport News this is a quote from a reader in a section looking back at group B rally cars

RAC RALLY 1986

Stig Blomqvist,

Harewood Hillclimb

Ford RS200

Halfway up the hill at Harewood the cars disappear out of sight as they drive between farm buildings, then negotiate a long open uphill 180 bend on tarmac.

Stig disappeared from sight facing the way he was driving and re-appeared from between the buildings 90 degrees to the road, having flicked it sideways in between the farm buildings, and set up a beautiful four wheel drift under power to get round the uphill hairpin, with his nose pointing at the apex of the bend all the way round.

Sounds like a line we can all try to take next year  :D  or Windy at least :D:D

Think i'd need a B00ll0ck transplant to try that one........ :D