• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slippy

• Blatman

• Mark Stanton

• adhawkins

It should either be stated in the regs, or if not I assume it'll be the standard one quoted in the blue book.

Andy

In that case, check the blue book. Unless your car is hugely noisy, I doubt you'll have a problem.

Andy

I think it was 98 at Donington, do you know what the standard is in the blue book

???

Sprints have higher limits on noise regs than trackdays...

My car is about 105 and have never had any trouble passing a noise test for a sprint so if yours is 98 then you should have NO problems....

However you might find that the entry list is full if you don't get your skates on..... :bangshead:

MSA noise levels are something like 108dbA. It's in the Blue Book.

Track day/non MSA event noise limits have zilch to do with a proper MSA organised competitive event, even if it's at the same track...

But sometimes tracks have to impose lower noise limits to meet  locally imposed limits don't they?  If that was the case, I'd expect it to be specified in the regs, though.

But sometimes tracks have to impose lower noise limits to meet  locally imposed limits don't they?  If that was the case, I'd expect it to be specified in the regs, though.

Yes and yes. I didn't think Croft was one of those though as it is a very active race track as as opposed to an occasionally used race track.

Lydden certainly has a lower limit as does Goodwood, but as you rightly point out, the restrictions are clearly noted in the regs. In fact, I think every set of regs has a note about noise. Usually it says something along the lines of "silenced to MSA rule X.X.X unless a lower limit is imposed in which case the actual noise limit will be specified.

I would concur with Mrs W and Mr B  :D

Unless specifically noted otherwise in entry regulations MSA noise limit for road-going cars is 108db  :D  :D  :D measured at three quarts max revs etc etc

But................... were you competing in a licensed MSA sprint at Donington  :p  :p  :D  :D  :D  :p  ;)  ;)

You have been given the facts of what happens at a sprint meeting by various experienced folks  :D  ;) who are offering their help and to others in a similar position .......... why are you now confusing the issue  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :bangshead:  :bangshead: sprints do not have drive-bys  :) except for Goodwood and Combe ........... sorry well spotted Mr B  :D

I agree... :0

BUT, Goodwood has driveby's for the sprints. I know 'cos I got told off after first practice :blush: However, I think Goodwood is unique in this respect.