• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slippy

• Blatman

• adhawkins

• bultacobarry

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Merlin do mini silencer for about £50 that you screw onto your existing silencer, and which reduces noise by a couple of DB. You could take it along and use it if and when it is needed.

Or Merlin do mini silencer for about £50 that you screw onto your existing silencer, and which reduces noise by a couple of DB.

Like this?

1351.jpeg

:)

Andy

Well, that one dropped my exhaust by about 4 dBA (from something like 103 to 99 if memory serves).

Andy

Do NOT gamble with the entry fee. It's not worth it...

Nope, it ain't.

I've been on the receiving end of a knock back at a track day (luckily someone on the day had a supertrap they were selling).

It's not fun turning up to be told you can't play :)

Andy

Well, that one dropped my exhaust by about 4 dBA (from something like 103 to 99 if memory serves).

Andy

Yeah but it looked *ridiculous* and added about what, 2 feet and 4 kilos of ironmongery... [/slight exaggeration]

The long term, cost effective, minimal labour, best practice answer to Slippy's question is to bite the bullet and do the right thing, which is, stump up for a repackable silencer of the appropriate size...

Yeah but it looked *ridiculous* and added about what, 2 feet and 4 kilos of ironmongery... [/slight exaggeration]

Yep, I'm agreeing with you (I agreed with you immediately after your previous post in fact).

The supertrap is sitting in my garage where it will (I hope) stay.

Andy

And the appropriate size is a big as you can possibly get in there cause noise limits are going one way ..............  also i belive a well packed silencer can benifit by seeing slightly better bhp figures as apposed to an empty one so loud does not always = fast.

Yep, I'm agreeing with you (I agreed with you immediately after your previous post in fact).

The supertrap is sitting in my garage where it will (I hope) stay.

Andy

I can't see pictures at work. The interweb nazi's block the Avatar site... :bangshead: