Car Pics.

Zonda_

Well....'IMO'

You might be best going for a chassis and body work that you know is fine, then offer your mate a price for his car, as a source of parts, and price it accordingly.

You'd still eventually get a nice car without the SVA etc.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zonda_

• SADDLEWORTH

• JeffC

• MAT1800

the engine will dicate the cars value, if its got a sorted modern 16V engine it will have a much higher value than if it has one of old henrys finest fitted.  front end looks mighty mis-shaped from the front pictures,one of the lads from Bishop will be selling a narrowbodied rolling chassis and body in the near future if you end up with this one.

you can't tell from those pics if it's a widebody or not  :t-up:

most obvious way to check is that there is a curved inner lip in the GRP inside the cockpit just behind the driver's right shoulder (and similarly behind the passenger's left shoulder) - if the GRP meets the alloy 'flat' ie without a scalloped bit then it's a narrow body  ;)

I wouldnt rush in ... there will be some cheap cars coming up over the next few months that wont be a lot more money without any damage, I think there was a westy sold on here for £3k recently ???

;) and yes I was lucky. :cool:

It looks like a narrow bodied car judging by the width/height of the screen.  I didn't notice anyone else mentioning it but its had a knock on the rear offside wheel - the arch is missing. That could mean more trouble and expense.

The steering rack is bent, all front wishbones will need replacing, new chassis, complete new bodywork, rad, fan, wing/light brackets, indicators, probably new front shocks, new seatbelt/harnesses, number plate... and that it before you even look at it.

I've rebuilt a car that had far less damage (wheel arch cracked, nosecone and rad damage) and that cost more than expected to complete, and I paid less than you have mentioned.  For £4500 I ended up with a SEW with a Zetec 1800 in it.  The way the market is I think that is probably all I'd get for it now anyway.

its not worth much over £1k, even with a straight chassis.

as most people have said you'll open up a big can of worms when it comes to rebuilding it.

My mate Dales car has a value of 12k and his insurance has said it is worth £2700 for a year old car with all brand new oarts on it.As said previous,I wouldn't give more than £1k for it.'If' it's a crossflow with a big frontal,it doesn't take much to punch the waterpump into the first cylinder,so look for that if you decide to buy,but not for £3k.

I'm with Mark, i reckon the chassis will be bent/twisted.

Difficult to see clearly from the photos, but wishbone mounts are going to be damaged.

There's some cheap westy's about at the moment that are straighter looking than this one  ;)

It's going to cost more than a new/seconhand tub......

It's your money, but i'd leave it where it is......

Been browsing ebay.....

To give you an idea of what they're going for keep an eye on this ebay item.   Same colour and a Xflow but with the added bonus that it isn't a write off.