Car Pics.

Zonda_

To be honest you could end up with a car that is VERY difficult to sell on.

An imported westfield (Presuming his yard is in the republic) that has been an insurance write off.

Not trying to put you off the car but also its going to cost a good bit more than £3k for the car + £350 for a replacement tub. The incidental bits you will need add up very quickly.

All the best with your quest for Westfield ownership :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zonda_

• SADDLEWORTH

• JeffC

• MAT1800

It's not an import, it's in Northern Ireland but it's a UK car anyway. Also, when it's repaired you can have cars inspected and removed from the register.

It's not an import, it's in Northern Ireland but it's a UK car anyway. Also, when it's repaired you can have cars inspected and removed from the register.

you can get them inspected , but they will still be recorded with hpi as a cat c or d , if its recorded as cat a or b give it a miss!

It's a Cat D. They can be removed from the register if they have been inspected and judged to be repaired to a good enough standard. My mate does it all the time, it's his business!

just looking at those pics, its going to cost you more than a new tub

looks like:

New rad

new front wishbones

new wing brackets

new light bracket

new steering rack

and being a 94, and looking at where the rad hose is going, it looks like its crossflow.

A reasonable undamaged crossflow, 94, with swept wings shouldnt be more than about 4-4.5K.

Ignore what the insurance company paid out on it - the guy may have had it insured for an agreed value.

If hes willing to ship it over with no ob., then take a thorough look at it - if you cant fix it up for less than 600quid, then personally i wouldnt touch it.

It's a Cat D. They can be removed from the register if they have been inspected and judged to be repaired to a good enough standard. My mate does it all the time, it's his business!

if thats the case its a new one on me, I know they can be inspected and have the repairs  approved and removed from the *condition alert register * but to my knowlegde will always be recorded with HPI on there register as there has been an insurance claim made aginst the car.

as far as i am aware cat x is the only non recorded salvage .

If both of the O/S wishbones have been bent (as they appear to be in the photograph) I'd lay money on the spaceframe/wishbone pick-up points being twisted/out of true.

It looks to me like it'll need a new front end on the chassis, this is not really difficult to do, Procomp/Westfield amoung others can do this.

You'll not be able to tell definatly weather or not the chassis is twisted untill you get all the bodywork off check it properly (on a jig).

All the welded joints in the engine bay beed to be checked (with the aid of a magnifing glass) for signs of stress (peeling welds or cracked powdercoating around the weld) you'll then be able to see clearly how the chassis has coped with the impact.

Another idea would be to compleatly strip the car out and re-build it around a new starter kit, Westfield will supply a new chassis with the correct numbers (you'll have to return the old chassis for destruction)

You won't have to SVA the car after the re-build and as it's practically a new car the inspection needed to remove it  

from the write off register should be no problem.

I think before I got into this I'd look carefully at the costs involved, for the price of rebuilding what will allways be a crash dammaged car you will probhably be able to pick up a non dammaged car of the same spec to play with.

Chaz.

Or try here Car being broken down

As far as I can tell from his list on the link from this page, he still has a chassis to sell, and a few other bits which might be handy, should at least give you a second hand cost of parts.

Mat.

if thats the case its a new one on me,

Me to, I've bought various damaged/stolen recovered cars over the years & looked into getting cars off the list, the outcome being that you can have it inspected & certified roadworthy, but it still stays recorded as previously damaged car.

As others have said, it's not really worth it imo, you'll need wishbones, rad, bodywork etc, plus all the other things that don't immediately spring to mind, eg-

It will probably need a set of wheels, the car has been stood in the rain with a door half open so the trim may need replacing, you might need a rear wishbone, wheel bearings, balljoints, numberplates etc etc.....

If it was £1500 - £2000 it would probably be worth it, but not for £3k imo.

HTH

Mark.

I've already been in touch with Mike. He will sell me the entire bodywork of his. I'm waiting for a reply as to other parts.

Will the bodywork fit ie SE/SEI/SEW/SEIW  ???

Betcha the chassis is bent  ;)  ;)