• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zonda_

• SADDLEWORTH

• JeffC

• MAT1800

I've got very limited experience with these....especially ones that have had a crash....

But I'd suggest you need to get the chasis checked, unless you were already planning on this.

From what I know...or what I think I know :D ... If the front is twisted it can be repaired or even replaced, but the the rear is twisted, it's a whole new one.

What you paying for it?

Mat.

price up the bits you will need ,I reckon will be false economy buying that. theres plenty of cheaper westys kicking around at the moment without buying a  headache..    what price are they asking ??????

It's a 94 car and it's 3k. My mate is getting the chassis checked out but his bodyshop guy has already given it the once over and says it's fine.

Like I say, I can get all the body parts for £350.

The insurance company paid out £8.5k for it, don't know if this reflects the value of the car or what!

It’s a bit difficult saying what it is worth with out knowing what is under the bonnet, what gearbox, or diff for starters... if the chassis is straight and the other bits are good then in my opinion you should go for it.... but do the homework first. :)

Unknown as yet, all the details shoul be arriving from the insurance company today. All I know is the cylinder head is black with Westfield on the top!!

I wouldnt rush in ... there will be some cheap cars coming up over the next few months that wont be a lot more money without any damage, I think there was a westy sold on here for £3k recently ???

I would take somebody who knows westfields to have a look at the car or it could cost you more money than a straight car.

Which area is the car.

There's a problem. The car is in Northern Ireland. There is no problem about getting it brought over and getting it checked out over here though.

I'm under no obligation to buy it.

No, he lives round the corner from me but his yard is in Ireland. It's complicated but he can just put it on one of his transporters and bring it over.

Unknown as yet, all the details shoul be arriving from the insurance company today. All I know is the cylinder head is black with Westfield on the top!!

Stick the details up as soon as you get them  :)