Fish & Chip run from Skipton to Whitby

potster

a4gom Posted on Aug. 26 2005,21:14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (S13RUM @ Aug. 26 2005,20:45)

We could do with a meet up place on route around York area for me, Charlie & Rob

Where abouts ya coming from? Route doesn't seem to go any where near york but what about jnt A61 and A1 just after Ripon?

Then you don't miss any fun.  

What Time?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• potster

• a4gom

• SADDLEWORTH

• scott beeland

Not so good at Geography  :durr:   does your route pass through Thirsk ???  if not where will you be crossing over the A1  ?  we could maybe get down that way and meet up on the way to Whitby  ???

I think the best idea would be for people that want to meet us on the way to see us at Helmsley at around 11:30. This gives us 1:30-2hrs to get set off from Skipton and probably make 1 x fuel stop before the North York moors :cool:

I don't know the area but at a guess there will be a layby/somewhere to stop just before Helmsley on the A170 (can anyone confirm this?) perhaps that would be good place to meet?

*To be honest if people stop anywhere between Thirsk & Helmsley on the A170 I think we will see each other. Just get their in good time.

Whoever PM's me their mobile I'll PM mine back.

Can't see from the pics stu but your route looks like it passes through thirsk on the A61 before joining the A170 and heading for helmsley, I'd say we are better meeting in the center of one, both have large market squares / streets which are on the main road with parking from memory. obviously if there is a market on it will be harder to park but I'm sure we will find somewhere.

Meeting somewhere between is always asking for trouble / delays IMHO.

Looking at optimax website / station finder nearest optimax to route is Northallerton. I can live on something else for one day but will need super unleaded. Had a nightmare finding some on tuesday on the way back from boggies.

Can't see from the pics stu but your route looks like it passes through thirsk on the A61 before joining the A170 and heading for helmsley, I'd say we are better meeting in the center of one, both have large market squares / streets which are on the main road with parking from memory. obviously if there is a market on it will be harder to park but I'm sure we will find somewhere.

Meeting somewhere between is always asking for trouble / delays IMHO.

Looking at optimax website / station finder nearest optimax to route is Northallerton. I can live on something else for one day but will need super unleaded. Had a nightmare finding some on tuesday on the way back from boggies.

Optimax website  ???

I thought it was Skipton town centre/town hall 9-9.30 not sure for u though thought it was A1/A61 Hemsley

Buzz

I meant for those meeting en route - there are two conflicting posts suggesting where we meet.

Kaz

1st Meet Skipton - Town Hall car park

2nd Meet Helmsley - somewhere around the centre on the A170 (its only a small place so if your there just before 11:30 we can't miss each other + I'll can give you a call Kaz if we can't find you)

I'd be up for this, if you don't mind one more.

Could all be different tomorrow of course, but at the moment tomorrow is cloudy but dry. We live in hope...

Mike

Baz

Sent PM with mobile No.

Not sure on which meet, Paul H is now thinking of coming and he couldn't do the 9.30. I think it's looking more like Helmsley 11.30, look forward to seeing tomorrow.

Looks like you have a great turn out.

I meant for those meeting en route - there are two conflicting posts suggesting where we meet.

Kaz

1st Meet Skipton - Town Hall car park

2nd Meet Helmsley - somewhere around the centre on the A170 (its only a small place so if your there just before 11:30 we can't miss each other + I'll can give you a call Kaz if we can't find you)

Okay cheers Stuart.

See y'all tomorrow