Next Cambridge Area Meeting

chazpowerslide

Morning all,

I was a chaffeur on the punts a few years ago in cambridge, boater waist coat and all!

Am not in the area anymore but may well be visiting friends in Newmarket that weekend in the westy....

Would you mind if i hook up at some point during the day?

May be a bit tight me getting to you for 10! which way are you heading...... the backs or granchester? i could climb aboard at either end!

P.S. the back of bella isnt all theirs, part of it belongs to WAR above bella........ may be a bit tight for cars unless youve done the ground work!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• scruffythefirst

• pincher

• CrashBangWallop

Hi Chas, I'll be there with Linda, dont know about breaky though but I'll deffo have a go at punting. I'll keep you informed about breakfast. Ian.

Sorry Chaz,

I have just been informed that I'm expected to attend my Grans 89th Birthday party :), so now won't be able to make it :(

Wish they'd tell me these things earlier, if you need re-imbursing for my place on the punt let me know :t-up:

Hugh

We'll be headed up the backs.

WAR employees don't work Sundays and I run the Bella Italia so parking is not goung to be an issue ;)

I'll do a tot up on numbers for all those who have posted that they can come and order the punts.

Chaz.

Sorry, change of plans means i can't make it  :(  i'm sure i'll make at least one of the area blats this year ?

Anyone fancy Bassingbourne on the 17th September ?

Sean

I'm sobbing loudly.  

You're sobbing loudly  ??? Have a look at Mark's avatar -:down:  we're all sobbing loudly   :(

Crikey!  Only found out about that this afternoon.

Sorry, to hear the bad news Mark.

However, if anyone is interested...  I HAVE A ZORST AT LAST :D:D:D

Zorst01.jpg

Zorst02.jpg

Hoorah!

[edited to add]

Thank you ever so much to Mark Boyce for turning up at my house - shuttling me back and forth without one whinge.  I am, once again, humbled by the generosity of the people here.

Also, as Steve at Concept Design said he doesn't advertise and expands his business from word-of-mouth, I have no trouble praising his work, attitude and friendliness whole-heartedly.

Neil

Hi - Recently bought Westy, live in King's Lynn - been in touch with Jed and had a look in on Mallory on Friday!

Would have enjoyed some punting however booked in on trackday at Snetterton.

Just preparing car including fitting new silencer (courtesy of club chairman), and trying to get a decent brake pedal!

Will keep an eye on postings and if you are on way up to coast anytime would like to tag along!

Have a good punt!!

Oh mother F U C K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks loke it's nearly done Neil  :p  :cool:  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p

God I owe you beer.

Are you REALLY NEARLY FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you're one proud bunny.

That looks great that, you should be very pleased with yourself.

Thanks Mr Boyce, our newest incumbent displaying the sort of teamwork our area thrives on.

Chaz.

Hi Chaz, only me coming i'm afraid. Can you give me directions in from P'boro, I dont know Cambridge one bit. ta. Ian. do i follow signs for city ?

Looking forward to this.

I'll ofer to punt, but not too sure how many of you will trust me. ;)

See you tomorow at 10.00. Chaz, we will do our level best to be on time, but toddlers just don't seam able to comply

Cheers for organising a great day Chaz  :t-up:

Punting was excellent as was the food.

Only problem now is the wife and kids want a go.

Cheers

Simon