Next Cambridge Area Meeting

chazpowerslide

As I have been neglecting the area a bit recently (what with there being no monthly meeting last month due to Curborough) I thought I'd make ammends by organising something a bit different this time out.

I propose we meet at Bella Italia at Newnham Mill Cambridge at 9am for breakfast and then go punting for a couple of hours.

There is free parking at the rear of the restaurant and outside seating for eating and coffee.

After punting we can have a spot of lunch before going out for a post punt blat..................  :D

I can get the punting at discounted prices and the food will not be expensive (heavily discounted)

This is also open to surrounding areas, we can BBQ after punting if people do not wish to eat at Bella.

As per usual post up apathy/interest/excuses :p  so I can get an idea of how many punts to book.

Also how many fancy doing the actual punting, It's easy really :p  :p  :p

Chaz.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• scruffythefirst

• pincher

• CrashBangWallop

I'm up for punting, both as punter and passenger :D

Maybe even plus one as well, will have to check with her in charge.  As I'm pretty much living on the cam at the moment i'll most likely meet you at the punting.

Cheers Chaz

Oh, and does anyone have a trailer / towcar that I may be able to borrow sometime as I'm in the same position as Niel with regards to the Exhaust.

Hi Chas, May I be as bold to inquire what "punting" is. Could be off that weekend !!! ???

Hi Chas, May I be as bold to inquire what "punting" is. Could be off that weekend !!! ???

Think of Venice and take a look here

I may be up for this, her in doors is no longer :t-up: so i can do what i want, when i want.

Sean

Tentatively interested :0

Some-one else can punt though...

Make that a no. Just remembered I'll be at Silverstone on the 31st...

I have a couple of punts booked but can book more as required, It'd be good if we could fill at least two (6 to 8 per punt plus the driver)

It should be a right laugh particularly if those who have never piloted a punt before have a go............

Chaz.

Sorry, no show.  I'm getting sloshed somewhere in Norfolk for the whole of the weekend.  Don't know where yet... They're still (ahem) looking for a venue.  Which sounds a little dodgy to me :D