Coast2Coast

studbuckle

Well,

Coast2Coast HQ is now buzzing with the sound of the kettle and the shower as we try to warm up/dry out after a pretty soggy drive back from Robin Hood's Bay.

Up until then it had been yet another fantastic weekend. A little damp on Saturday (well ok, Honister pass was probably better suited to canoes) but we all dried out and had a great day. Sunday weather was better and never before have we had 50 westfields in a line going one way and 50 antique tractors in a line going the other way  :p  :p

We ended the day in Robin Hood's Bay with Fish and Chips and the traditional ice cream.

So now we start planning next year.

Hope to see you there if you missed us this year.

Si & Carla

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• studbuckle

• scott beeland

• adhawkins

• pistonbroke

I'm sure I can say that everybody had a great time, yes the heavens did open up around York and it did not help be in a traffic jam!

BIG thanks to you and Carla for the hard work you have put in.

Steve

50 westfields in a line going one way
and a Ford Ka I believe  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Big Thanks to Si and Carla  :D  :D  :D  :D

and a Ford Ka I believe  

No the KA went straight home after breakfast in Leyburn Soft Southerners  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

We did wave at you Steve - we were two cars back from when you pulled out of the petrol station...  but rain probably blurred your vision.....

Si & Carla

( woohoo, rain didn't stop this bear's play....I managed my first hour and a half in the drivers seat  ;) returning to HQ; albeit in the rain (also first time) - from RHB to HQ.  Despite  my left ankle and leg gained severe cramp in the traffic jam.

Only did the Sunday run but really enjoyed it some great roads and fast blatting, loved it.  Roll on next year.

Big up to Si + Carla

We did wave at you Steve - we were two cars back from when you pulled out of the petrol station...  but rain probably blurred your vision.....

I was very pi@@ed off and wet at that moment!!!!! :D

Steve

glad it was a good one.  disappointed not to make a random guest appearance this year.

how was the car, going round corners in both directions?

Just got back meself, and also wanted to add my name to those saying Thank you for organising a truly great weekend. :t-up:  Yep got soaked going home, but didn't care much anymore.......but at least me headache has gone.

Also best say a thankyou to all those that helped me with me navigation ;)

Arrived back at 7.30 after a soaking in the most horrid rain storm (does anyone know where I can get wipers for the inside of the screen?) Although I now need to sort out my indicators which packed up shortly after the downpour  :( which made the rest of the drive home interesting to say the least.

BUT, none of that could spoil what turned out to be a fantastic weekend.  Great company, good food, some superb roads and a marvelous experience.

We can't thank Simon and Carla enough for all their hard work, the weekend was a credit to you both.

:t-up:  :t-up:

And to all the other C2Cers, nice meeting you all and hope to see you at next years event

:D

Hope everyone else made it home safe and well.

Neil and Diane Cox

P.S. cant wait to see photos, ours will be on a CD to you shortly Si and Carla.

Had a nice DRY run home back to Scotland - not that I'm being smug or anyting!

As first time C2C'ers we had a fantastic time both driving-wise and socially. A huge thanks to all, but especially to Si and Carla for their efforts. See you all next year.

Neville and Gillian Mackay

Got back early for all the wrong reasons.

What a Fab weekend Ive not enjoyed myself so much since

Aunty Ursulas Coffin got lost on the way to the wrong Cem.

Brill Organisation and many many thanks to the Big Kahoolas

Si & Carla.

:D:D:D

Tell Glen that the Roast Beef was Great :p:p but it wasnt me it was Bernie

(Misteaken I.D.)

Sorry I couldnt try youre sweet course.

Peter

:D:D

...50 antique tractors in a line going the other way  :p  :p ...

How bizarre that the L7CGB should organise their own C2C replica in reverse on the same weekend :devil:  :D  :D

Hope everyone had a great time, Westfield SportsKa Club rules!!! :D  :D

glad it was a good one.  disappointed not to make a random guest appearance this year.

how was the car, going round corners in both directions?

Don't worry Oioi,made it for you  ;) Autograph by postal application(no time wasters please)  :p

Just adding my thanks to a TOP TEAM  :)

Thanks a million guy's for a great weekend  :D  :D  :D

HOW CAN YOU TOP THAT FOR NEXT YEAR !