Cambridge Area "Testing Evening"

chazpowerslide

Chaz, i have been trying to post a message since we went to Hunstanton with you all, Pauline & Nigel (Gate crashers from Bedfordshire) would like to say thanks to all of you for making us feel welcome.

If its possible we would like to watch you all perfom at Oakington!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• langy

• CrashBangWallop

• SparkyB

Hi Chaz, yes yer right  its taken ages to pin the little sh...ttt down cos he bought a MX5 at the weekend (more practicle than a Westie while at Uni) & hes like a dog with 2 bones (or is that boners ?)

Is it ok if we come to Oakington ?

Nigel

I don't think that spectators are a problem (lots of the guys want to come and sniff a bit of tyre smoke) I'll post when I know for sure but I din't think it's an issue.

Chaz.

If its possible we would like to watch you all perfom at Oakington!!!

Nigel, I think you're confusing Chaz with Ron Jeremy :p  :p

The final details for Oakington on 22nd April are as follows.

Confirmed places are.

Myself.

Sean.

Mark B.

Andy M

Wookie + Reserve.

Chris

Liam

Bear + 1

Triggsy.

All attendees need to be at the entrance gate to Oakington Airfield by 5:45pm for kick off at 6pm.

Those with confirmed places will need enough fuel for two hours of fun and £35 each to cover the fee.

All attendees are present at their own risk and I'll ask you to sign a disclaimer to this effect before we start.

The 10 cars will be noise tested (can Liam and Bear please bring their  noise meters please) before we start, the limit is a nominal 100Dba, however (from the conversations I have had with Mr Wright) any cars that are over will have to be "sensible" rather than be excluded.

I have no idea at what revs the cars will be tested at, however I'd suggest those of you that think you may be a bit in the noisy side may want to keep the revs down a tad to get through.

This is a non-competitive event, you have 2 hours to pretty much what you wish, I am endevouring to organise an Autotest/Sprint if anyone wants to join in but again this is non competitive.

Lastly, those that have confirmed they wanted a place need to confirm with me that they will be attending attend.

The cost is £350 per 10 cars for 2 hours IE £35 per car.

It would not be fair to fail to turn up and the have the people that did pay a higher fee or cancell the event on the day due to lack of numbers.

I do not want to mess the Landlord about as I wish to use this venu in the future.

Chaz.

non westy drivers

That'll be me then  ;)  Hugh, if we can only let 10 cars in, you can meet me nearby or at my place (Cottenham) and i'll give you a lift. We can be the 'non westy drivers' contingent :oops:

Any specific requirements for helmets ? although i have my own and will be wearing it.

Sean

I'll call up later to check up on spectators, I don't it's an issue but I'll check.

I think all those participating should wear a helmet, common sence really.

Chaz.

I've obviously not asked for a lift off anyone.

"Can I have a lift, please, anyone?" I said.

Now seemed a good time.  This exact minute infact so, I'll stop writing... incase that minute ends.