73kg V8 Engine

Bananaman

Id say its more likely that if anything, the lighter BECs are marginally handicapped with the (harder) 1A tyres because being a lighter car, they cant get them up to temperature as easily as a heavier CEC, rather than them having any advantage on softer rubber that they can warm up equally well? I guess thats one of the "cons" in running lighter weight tho, striking the balance and getting the car to perform best with whats available.

I think the development thing is also a valid point, as the Mega cars are no more than 2-3 years old, so development is possibly going to be less and also there are less cars to compete, so less liklely to win I guess

Chris

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Bazzer

• timd

• ChrisG

I too have often wondered if going really light actually starts to count against a car (any car, although BEC's are "disadvantaged" more) when the generation of heat, and downward force (weight, adding to traction, rather than downforce.....) is a consideration........

Whatever, we should stop now, 'cos we're starting to agree on stuff, and that just won't do...... :D  :D  :D

Here's hoping NickA turns up with some stunning times to re-kindle the debate.....