Hullavington this Friday

adhawkins

compared to a Duratec Cateringvan it seems a bit of a bargain - very nicely made.

Atom chassis' are made at Arch, same place that makes C******m chassis'... ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Nick.Petty

• felters

• Tony Sighe

:0

:D

:t-up:

:love:

Note to self: don't bottle out next time, take the slicks...

:)

Andy

Great day, and the bonus? My car measured 96.4 at the noise test  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0  :love:  :p  :D

Went a bit slow with Mike wedged into the passenger seat though ....  :(  :D  :oops:

Went a bit slow with Mike wedged into the passenger seat though ....  :(  :D  :oops:

b***h! :D

Edit to add mine was 94db at the noise test - so I think they were being "generous". I didn't argue :D

Have you modded the can again?

Nope, xact same can as last time out but this time remembered to dip the clutch and stuffed a load of fleeces down the passenger footwell to stop it acting like a trumpet, seemed to have a big effect cos it was 99.999999 db last time out.

As Mike says though, his 4age was reading slightly lower than usual so maybe weather conditions etc played a part, it still seems to me to be a bit of a lottery this noise test lark.   :devil:

Don't care though so long as I get let on the track to go play!  :D  :love:  :D

Nicko

Well how did it go then Andy? :D

As you may have already guessed, I had a ball.

Still feel I wasn't getting anywhere near the best out of the car. Despite it being 'better' than the old Zetec, I was actually having to brake earlier in the Throbber than the Zetec. I guess this was down to:

a) about 25-30 MPH higher top speed

b) really crap tyres

In hindsight, perhaps I was getting close to the limit (was locking up the wheels under braking, so realistically couldn't have braked much later) but even so, there's plenty more left in the car.

I can't wait :t-up:

Andy

My car measured 96.4 at the noise test

Mine was 99.6 (limit was 100). Perhaps a re-pack is in order... (although the days I plan on doing next year are probably on tracks with a higher limit).

Andy

it still seems to me to be a bit of a lottery this noise test lark.   :devil:

Amen to that...

Any acoustic experts here who can explain this sort of thing?

Andy

Any acoustic experts here who can explain this sort of thing?

pretty inexact science under the conditions used to measure outside, a few factors which influence the results , air quality ,(density) wind strenght , and background noise having the biggest input.

Also sound reverberates (echo's ) from buildings etc. and can give false readings.  

A proper test can only be done under controlled conditions in a proper sound booth .

:)

A proper test can only be done under controlled conditions in a proper sound booth .

Unfortunately, the only test available to us is the one made by the TDO with their equipment on the day...

:down:

Andy

Yep the Throbber was on track - and off it :oops: one of the worlds faster lawn mowers...

He never mentioned any of this!

He just told me he was absolutely amazing, and that people were coming up to him to say that he should race next year.

Was he lying to me?  :0  :0

Luned

Yep the Throbber was on track - and off it :oops: one of the worlds faster lawn mowers...

He never mentioned any of this!

He just told me he was absolutely amazing, and that people were coming up to him to say that he should race next year.

Was he lying to me?  :0  :0

Luned

Ooooh, you lickle liar...

:angry:

Andy