Hullavington this Friday

adhawkins

Its a nice silencer, something like 450quid new from Raceline!

It seems quite effective on some of the Duratec and Zetec cars I've heard of that have it. Consistently below 100Dbs on those.

Yer, it looks like the same as mine on my Duratec.

91-92dBA with MSE sound meter @ Hullavington/Keevil etc..

Great silencer, but I don't remember it being 9kg's, a bit lighter if I remember  :oops:  :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Nick.Petty

• felters

• Tony Sighe

seriously - niavely :)

The car was bought as a completed project but still needed attention - having spun big time across the infield at Bassignbourn nearly flipping i decided help in chassis/roll bar dept (and driving skill dept!!;) was needed - hence Northampton motorsport. Then the engine (2.1 Pinto) shed a valve (not me driving) - hence NH MS again

Cheap motorsport eh?

Can't wait for a good run tomorrow though

having spun big time across the infield at Bassignbourn nearly flipping

Um, can you steer well clear of anything yellow and fireblade powered .....???!!  

Only jokinnnnnnnnnnn see you there.

Nicko.  :D  :D

don't worry the handling sorted now, the engine is rebuilt - and my mate who is coming with me drives an automatic rover 400 - what could go wrong :)

laters....

Well we all survived and my car even went all day without the tools coming out.

And I got a ride in Nicks Blade... AND several passenger laps in a Ariel Atom. Many thanks to its owner Ian... words fail me. :D  :D  :D  :D

Quick. Where's their 'phone number?

Honda engine... 'kin awesome. Induction roar - next to your ear - was unreal as was everything else.

Yep the Throbber was on track - and off it :oops: one of the worlds faster lawn mowers... to be fair it was very cold and most of us span at some point Tyres just weren't getting warm enough. Why am I being fair to Hawkins?

Some great kit out there today from a DB3 onwards... :D

Awwww, Felters you've spoiled it, I wanted to say about Mr H's trip onto the grass as I was in the passenger seat at the time.

He had just passed a Mini cooper and was chasing down the black noble on one of the corners at the back of the circuit, struggling a lot with understeer through that one corner, he lifted off and the back just let go spining us off into Flymo mode. The Mini we had just passed must of panicked at the sight cause as we were still spinning we noticed they had come off track to take a wide avoidance curve.

Great fun, but he definetly needs better stickier tyres on next time.

Malc

Honda engine... 'kin awesome. Induction roar - next to your ear - was unreal as was everything else.

Nice. Handle well? I'd heard the original ones had a bit of a floppy chassis and could never be made to handle well...

Quite fancy one of the hooonda ones, but a bit steep arent they.

The owner also owns and races a Caterham... seemed to think it was better than the Caterham apart from the brakes. Certainly handled ok but the constraint for all the cars was the cold and it wasn't that easy to tell. Great traction though... 220bhp and no wheel spin :D

Edit to add I think they are £24kish... compared to a Duratec Cateringvan it seems a bit of a bargain - very nicely made.