Hullavington this Friday

adhawkins

Andy, mid morning for an afternoon session is most likely to be my intended course of action. I can come on over if you like and you can whack the slicks on the front of my trailer. I only really know Old Town, Football Ground etc but if you can PM with directions from M4 and your telephone number I should be able to sort something out.

If it is raining or snowing in the morning I won't be going!

Nicko

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Nick.Petty

• felters

• Tony Sighe

If it is raining or snowing in the morning I won't be going!

Ok, I'll send a PM now.

If it's particularly nasty conditions I doubt I'll be going either. Weather forecase for now looks Ok though.

:t-up:

Andy

Hi Andy,

I thought you was going to ask to borrow Robs trailer?

Why don't you book a run in the Noble, so you'll get to drive something if your car fails the noise test?

Sorry I won't be there (planned on testing the 205 as you know - but still not ready  :(    ).

Forced to go xmas shopping instead!

I'll find some alternative track dates in Jan & let people know.

Have fun & don't break it!

I thought you was going to ask to borrow Robs trailer?

Rob is on his way to (or already in) Australia :)

Andy

Doh....You could have offered to store it for him!

Ahem. There is currently a very small corridor in my garage, just wide enough to walk down to get the the freezer. Almost every other inch of space is occupied by the Westfield or Westfield bits...

I doubt Luned would have appreciated me sticking a trailer in there too :0

Andy

Move the freezer out!!

I'm in the dog house as it is what with all of the stuff in the garage, I really don't think I should push my luck...

Hopefully all the bits that are around the Westfield will be on the Westfield within a month or so...

Andy

Hopefully all the bits that are around the Westfield will be on the Westfield within a month or so...

I can't work out who's the disillusioned one here.

You or Mrs H ;)

I can't work out who's the disillusioned one here.

You or Mrs H ;)

Come on...you'd probably have a point if I were doing the work myself...

However, chances are I'm not.

:t-up:

Andy

When was the packing last checked on your silencer?

(knowing how tight noise is at Hullavington)

I've spent this morning ferrying my car around to have the collector made up in order to fit this little puppy:

Silencer1.jpg

Silencer2.jpg

Still got to make the bracketry up for it, but hopefully this'll mean that I'm able to come out and play with the Hants'n'Wilts mob at Hullavington, Keevil, Coombe etc.

Cheers,

Al.

The previous owner assures me that the car should pass noise test, but I haven't paid, so if it doesn't, it doesn't.

I've been in that situation before, so I know how it feels :down:

Andy

Its a nice silencer, something like 450quid new from Raceline!

It seems quite effective on some of the Duratec and Zetec cars I've heard of that have it. Consistently below 100Dbs on those.

I paid 150quid for it off Blatchat. Spent 60quid on getting the tailpipe replaced with one of a tighter radius and repacking it with the blanket stuff. And 60quid getting the new collector made up. So 270quid in total.

Its pretty darn heavy, about 9kgs I'd guesstimate. Its a real whopper size wise I had to get a tighter radius tailpipe, shorten the manifold, and cut away the rear wheel arch. So if it aint below 100dbs I'll poke all 7inchs*32inches of it up the noise testers ring.

Not run the car up, cos the battery was disconnected for the welding etc. Will give it a whirl during the week.

Cheers,

Al.

I'll be there, black westy with roll cage just back from northampton motorsport - pop by as we haven't a clue what we are doing - can't wait see you all in the morning.