Caterham Drivers

oioi

this from piston heads

"The Caterham Academy attracts an eclectic mix of people and professions: this year's intake includes a brace of barristers, a jeweller, several City traders, a scientist, an advertising executive and a music industry exec, as well as two evo journalists. In 2001 the Academy attracted its first vicar, the Rev Bob Mackrill; his son, Robert, plans to follow in his father's wheeltracks through the Academy next season."

a bunch of people i really dont want to meet!  all it is is missing is the dot com ****** and you could play londont nunney top trumps with the entry list.

catergories would be:-

smallest chin (the vicar obviously),

longest pause mid sentance (the barrister),

biggest cocaine consumption (tricky that, a high scoring card almost guaranteed - would be close between the city traders, ad exec, the marketing exec but clearly the vicars son would just have the edge)

first to say how much they earn (city trader by far)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samcooke

• Chris Elworthy

• neilwillis

• oioi

And I bet the City trader wears his trading floor 'colours' whilst driving the Caterham (badly) ...... and making weird gestures with his hands....

"Ooooh YA, Buy, Sell, Buy ....BUY" ...CRASH!! Bye Bye ..

:devil:  :devil:

Nick  :arse:

And what kind of people enter the Wetfield academy then ?

Oh, I was forgetting, you dont have one,  do you ? :sheep:

The worlds most popular racing car is the Caterham 7

:devil:  :devil:  :p

:cool:.....Article taken from “UK CARAVAN PULLERS GAZETTE

Want to Pi*s off other motorists?

The Caravan Academy is a unique introduction into “Slowmo” caravan towing and since its inception in 1995, some 300 people have participated in this groundbreaking championship. It was created to be the first rung on the anti-motorsport ladder, specifically designed to make the sport accessible for novices to compete in slow speed driving and lane blocking events on a level basis at a minimum cost.

The retail price of £14,950 for this road legal Slowmo Caravan not only includes all event and administration fees, but also  flat-hat fitting, barbecue lighting tuition day and a technical seminar on awning erection at our Midlands facility. And at the end of the season, you get to keep the caravan. The Caravan Academy has to be the most cost effective way into Slowmo sport, and together with its active lemonade fuelled social scene is an ideal way to learn how to pi*s off other motorists.

What The Caravan Academy will do!

* We supply a standard caravan in kit form with a number of speed inhibiting modifications.

* An Academy appointed bearded person is available to assist you whilst you are building your caravan and during the course of the season.

* During the course of the year we run several technical workshops to assist you in ignoring road rules and lane wandering.

* We take you through basic training/medical for you to obtain your “middle-lane” driving licence

* We provide a circuit training day complete with flat cap instructors.

* Our dedicated co-ordinator will assist you with all administration, queries, accommodation etc and will attend all the meetings.

* All entry fees will be paid by us

* One of our technicians will be on hand at each meeting to give help and advice

* You will compete in 8 events during the course of the season

* 4 Slow Speed events which will include hill crawling, parking space blocking and how to drive 30mph under the speed limit.

* 4 Slow Speed Events at circuits such as the M25, North Circular and The Lake District.

All for £14,950 inc vat and the caravan is yours forever

Fortunately for me, I have never done anything because its popular, the term sheeple springs to mind.

Time to make your own mind up people..or is that too much for you?

What exactly is this Caterham academy?

It's a bit like the Royal Yacht Club, only the head gear is different I understand.

And what kind of people enter the Wetfield academy then ?

Oh, I was forgetting, you dont have one,  do you ? <!--emo&:sheep:

The worlds most popular racing car is the Caterham 7

:devil:  :devil:  :p

Not quiet ,hmmm you must have found your trumpet

As for the cateringvan acadamy, because they have jobs that may be seen as hoyti toyti  it does'nt mean they are ******s. You really  must get that working class chip off your shoulder. I'm working class and I take people at face value and don't judge them before I've met them a apart from politicians of course they are all back stabbing ******s!

Roman Spyderlegs

Thanks,

Seems like a good idea, people wanting to compete at an entry level with equal-ish cars. (and good business for Caterham I would imagine - especially if they've filled 2 grids as it says)

Whats the problem?

I didn't realise there were class based ownership restrictions on them:

Is it:

Original Lotus 7 - Aristocracy

Caterham - Upper middle class

Westfield - Middle class

Locost - Lower middle class

Robin Hood - Peasants and serfs

If so, I'm a bit of a toff so will have to get me a Caterham.

Spyderlegs wrote:

As for the cateringvan acadamy, because they have jobs that may be seen as hoyti toyti  it does'nt mean they are ******s. You really  must get that working class chip off your shoulder.

Chris Elworthy wrote:

Whats the problem?

there is no problem!  as i stated at the start i was just taking the p***  :p

i think the idea behind the academy is sound.

as for chip on my shoulder - my other hobby is yacht racing  :0 and they have the worlds plumbiest accents, but for the majority are sound.  ******s come from all backgrounds.  

but it is a fact that you are more likely to find a public school boy in a caterham than a westfield!  :devil: