• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Blair

Nick.Petty

he has said he will introduce a third tax band of 50% for people earning over £100k / year. Which I happen to I think is a great idea, because lets face it, if your earning that much you can afford it!

Sorry but thats boll*x

Reagan reduced taxes and found that net receipts increased, Maggie Thatcher followed suit and guess what?.... net contributions to the exchequer increased, the reason.......

More people found it easier to pay than to pay accountants in tax avoidance.

Dont forget that you need to add NI contribution so thats about 60% tax

So you`re happy that once you are over a threshold 60% of what you earn goes in tax. Just watch this country and industry/commerce empty of executives and money men that we desperately need.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilwillis

• James

• oldman

• Mark Stanton

Monster Raving Looney.....................:p:p:p:p:p:p

Aren't they called the Lib Dems these days?

It's just a pity we don't have a democracy in this country, this one party politics really pi$$es me off!

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

My vote goes to the bring back hanging and Burt Jones's diary party!  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p

Monster Raving Looney.....................:p:p:p:p:p:p

Aren't they called the Lib Dems these days?

It's just a pity we don't have a democracy in this country, this one party politics really pi$$es me off!

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I know what you meen, I don't really agree with Fox Hunting but what are they gonna decide they don't like next ?????????

Fast noisey cars........ :suspect:  :suspect:  :angry:

I don't have a problem with taxes.... In many cases I'd quite happily be taxed more...

Nope. Its about "value for money".  That is rarely mentioned.

However, I'd say do a better job with the taxes you get, THEN lets talk about giving you more...

......this country  (shakes head in an Alan Partridge kinda way)

Wayne M

I know what you meen, I don't really agree with Fox Hunting but what are they gonna decide they don't like next  

fox hunting is barbaric, when sport has to involve killing animals it sure proves its all gone wrong  :(

I know what you meen, I don't really agree with Fox Hunting but what are they gonna decide they don't like next  

fox hunting is barbaric, when sport has to involve killing animals it sure proves its all gone wrong  :(

Yes I agree Paul BUT there may well be people (in Gov :suspect: ) who feel the same way about us doing what we do.  ???  ???  ???  :oops:

westying !! nah surely not  :(  :(

Lets hope not or Dictator Blair might be p******** on our chips........... :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :bangshead:  :arse:

industry/commerce empty of executives and money men that we desperately need.

Not all, but a lot of these "types" are the ones that stifle growth and competition so they can stay nice and fat..

They are in it to invest for themselves, not for the good of the country.. That remains the governments job.

I work in the Electronics industry and quite frankly it is shocking what has been allowed to happen to our skilled workforce. Working with others around the globe I can say hand on heart that we have (or had..) talented, truely world class engineers here...

In the last few month, many collegues have emigrated. Others have left electronics altogether. Once the industry is finally dead, it will be gone from these shores for good. A travesty

We will be a nation of Call Centres and Services.

Whatever happend to the industry and technology that so much of this country was built upon..

If nothing changes,  we are well and truely knackered in the long term

Wayne M

i gotta say Andy , westfielding might be a bit smokey sometimes but at least we dont deliberately kill animals and then call it sport !! i dont see any excuses for that (IMO)

Wrightster,

Don't go in for "Fox Hunting" myself. Not got the right breeding y'see.. Not really what I'd call a sport either.

Thing is though, the little fluffy foxes will be killed anyway. Is it the fact that its called a sport or that the foxes get killed ? ???

If they stopped it tomorrow, I wouldn't bat an eyelid, but as Nana says, where will it end ? ..

Most "Traditions" are barmy, but if we get rid of them all, it will be a plain ole hum-drum place to live..

Whatever  next ? Banning Marmite ?

Wayne M