• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Blair

Nick.Petty

Am I just overly cynical or is it mightily convenient on the news tonight to headline the fact that Blair has some pathetic minor heart op to undergo tomorrow, and has also decided to announce that he is not going to serve a fourth term ....

......when around 40 children were killed in Iraq today and Mr Bigley is still chained up in a cage awaiting an almost inevitable death.These two apparently not as important items made number 2 and 3 headline after 10 minutes of Blair having smoke blown up his A*** by some interviewer, Mr Blair trying to be all sincere and then a bit wobbly lipped at the though of his nasty heart op that is so serious that .... um... he will be back in the office on Monday.

This country and the people who 'lead' it stoop lower and lower every day. DISGUSTING.

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Last one out please turn off the lights ......  :oops:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilwillis

• James

• oldman

• Mark Stanton

You're missing the (admittedly small) positive from this story though :

and has also decided to announce that he is not going to serve a fourth term....

Personally I'm hoping the w*nker doesn't get a third term though  :t-up:

Isn't it typically arrogant of him to assume he'll be given the chance by the electorate to serve another term at all? :angry:

Part of me hope's he doesn't get a third term.

But what's the other option? Michael Howard? I think not...

Personally I like to give Charles Kennedy a go. But I can't see that happening now he has said he will introduce a third tax band of 50% for people earning over £100k / year. Which I happen to I think is a great idea, because lets face it, if your earning that much you can afford it!

But, with all that said I followed Charles Kennedy's advice at the last election, he said "vote for who you believe in"... I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them so I didn't vote...

:D

I have to agree Martin. The Tories have shown one ability in spades: their capacity for appointing leaders who don't stand a hope in hell of winning an election. If they listened to the general public rather then the blue rinse ladies in Union Jack hats, waving little flags, they'd know. I thought major was a poor choice but at least he won an election, but after him it was all downhill. Bring on Theresa May, she would out-charm Phony B any day! :p

I have to say some of you have very short memories!

Iraq is a disaster, no doubt about that, and the decisions at the time were all backed by the conservative party.   Just think back just a short while, to the way the economy was in yo-yo mode year after year.

If you want the tories back, you're welcome to them.   Michael Howard was a total waste of space as Home Secretary, what makes you think he'll be any better as PM?

All politicians are sleaze bags, and so come to that, are all reporters.   Be careful what you wish for, that's all.

Which I happen to I think is a great idea, because lets face it, if your earning that much you can afford it!

Tis not a good idea  ;)  ;)  ;) Remember last time  ;) Folks just went overseas  ;)  ;)  :D  :D to their tax havens  ;) with the loss of quite a few jobs  ;)  :D  ;) Its not a great benefit to the overall economy - and just means that the government may possibly have more of an excuse to waste money  :D  :D  :p  ;)

All politicians are sleaze bags, and so come to that, are all reporters.   Be careful what you wish for, that's all.

Very true..

I am a firm believer in "letting them get on with it" when in power, though. There is NO WAY any Joe Bloggs will know the full story about anything. Its a matter of trust I'm afraid. The world is a nasty place, an nasty problems sometimes have nasty solutions. That doesn't always sit well with people  eating their tea in from of the TV. If you don't like it vote 'em out, but no point complaining in the meantime.

I want a party that calls a spade a spade (i.e. end to PC bullsh!t), brutal on criminals, back-to-basics in school and makes it clear that individuals do have SOME responsibility for themselves. A country that helps those who genuinely need it, and expects contributions from those that dont.

High performance comes from a need/desire to excel.  Putting everything on a plate for people creates a very mediocre country. Sad thing is, to have a NEED implies some degree of hardship and a pecking orders which go hand in hand with corruption and abuse. Human nature I'm afraid, so the label may change, but the flavour won't.

Sadly no parties REALLY meet my needs, so not sure where my vote will go.

Oh dear... Off the soapbox now... Sorry...

Wayne for PM  :D  :D  :D  Got my vote  :D  :D

As the Anarchists put it: "No matter for whom you vote, it is always the Government that gets in". I take this to mean that the most doctrinaire party in opposition changes into the same obnoxious mealy-mouthed lot that they displaced once they gain power.

I object to supermarket politics: "Tell us what you want us to believe in and we'll say we believe in it"  Focus Groups!

Is there no integrity anymore beyond Tony Benn, Clair Short, Dennis Skinner, and Anne Widecombe, et al? I don't agree with any of them much, but I respect their habit of saying what they really think.

Neil, you are right, of course, the Tories did support it. That rules them out from my vote whatever else. Looks like I'm abstaining again. :p

No matter who gets in there is always the same civil servants sat in the background actually running the country.

The people we vote in are just puppets any way.

Come the revolution ........ :D