caterham

DodgeT

Anyone that does not acknowledge another "7" type car is clearly a tosspot (see if that gets censored). As Megabalde Paul said, we are all petrolheads and we all bought our cars for the same reason, even R/H owners.

It's a pity that the cateringvans seem to attract such a large snobbish element ( I don't include the owners that post on here in that comment so don't post criticisng me)

7 is the magic number.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DodgeT

• Chris Elworthy

• S8ight

• Nick M

I guess the sevens society is just a microcosm of real life.   There are good guys, bad guys and of course tight gits who can't even afford £25.00 to support their owners club  :devil:

Not being a member is one thing though.   Knocking the club as just a flag under your user name is quite another.   Ask yourself this....

Who funds this forum you enjoy reading?

Food for thought perhaps  :p

I think some of you have missed dodges point, and that’s the fact that we are being censored

I can say locost, and Subaru, and ford but not C

And as he so eloquently put ;) that just because its been that way, does not mean it should continue to be so with out us considering the motives/reasoning.  Are we sheep? Or do we have opinions of our own? Sometimes I think that society breeds, and encourages sheep mentality amongst us.

Remember the advert?  if we accept everything as OK, then we will never evolve.

What harm does the word C A T E R H A M actually do?

Just the opinion of a free thinking citizen in a democratic society, that offers me freedom of thought and speech – in most places ;)

I don't think anyone questions his point on that.   What annoyed me was the attitude towards membership/freeloading.

Good job we don't all share his views on that at least!

Perhaps it is time to review the cateringvan issue, but as far as I'm concerned, it is a little rich describing it as censorship.   I'm sure the correct approach is to see it as a little light hearted fun and nothing sinister.   After all, it was merely in response to a similar situation elsewhere.

I'm sure the bourjoise don't give a damn one way or the other

:devil:

Again, a thread seems to be going off at a tangent from what the original subject was,

which was,

I was commenting on the censorship of words.

I did not complain about people not waving

Nor about £25 for membership,

you decided these points of argument for yourselves.

Nice to see it is so easy to wind small minded people up by a comment.

Have fun in the field sheepies, sorry i mean guys....

now, lets see how many of you actually read this post fully.... :arse:

& before you get all worried, im not having a go at anyone, so dont start getting all upset, because im not here to make enemies with anyone, just little things like censorship annoy me.

Got that off my chest now..

I was commenting on the censorship of words.

As has been said, Blatchat used to "censor" Westfield, and did do for about 4 years. We do it to return the favour. It's a light hearted gag. No more, no less. It is NOT censorship.

If you've been in the Seven community for only a year, then you are still a newbie. Get over it  :0  :p

I did not complain about people not waving

Er, you said...

he never waved, nodded or anything, I thought, what a knob.

So calling him a knob is complimentary? What did you mean exactly, if it wasn't a complaint?

Still, at least when c******m drivers don't wave, we can blame you now, 'cos you're the one hurling insults.......

Dodge,

Put the shovel down, and step away from the hole.....

It's not censorship.  We've had censorship in the past and this, believe me, isn't it....

we can blame you now, 'cos you're the one hurling insults.......

whatever

again, read my post properly, as youve quoted it, i said i thought, i did not come on here saying c******m drivers are knobs cause they dont wave did i?

So can we only be true seveners if we have been in the community for a minimum period of time & are over a certain age limit can we?

Id best sell mine now, im only 25 & it might offend if i go around driving my w*******d waving to people, ill buy one again when im 40 :arse:  & then ill be accepted & be a newbie now more :cool:

Put the shovel down, and step away from the hole.....

haha, how did you know, ive spent today shovelling approx 4 tonnes of earth/rubble from my brothers house :arse:

So can we only be true seveners if we have been in the community for a minimum period of time & are over a certain age limit can we?

*shakes head*

Noooo......  As was mentioned somewhere right at the beginning of the thread, the "newbie" comment was made because it was apparent you weren't aware of the reason why the word c******m is treated the way it is on this web-site.

Anyway, just hang onto the Westfield but start saving those pennies...  Maybe by the time you're 40 you'll be able to afford the WSCC membership fees.  ;)  :D

thats 39 replies till you managed to get a mention in about joining the club. your slowing down a bit Nick  :p  :t-up:

so on the subject of censorship, why not have a new word censored for a week at a time. something totally inoffensive like tyres, engine oil etc....... :t-up:  :t-up:

again, read my post properly, as youve quoted it, i said i thought, i did not come on here saying c******m drivers are knobs cause they dont wave did i?

You did, but I guess you're claiming I took the quote out of context, which I may well have done. However,

So heres me thinking that this guy is a knob 'cos he would not acknowledge a westy, when on here, the word is obviously not to be mentioned, cause we drive westfields.

The above (no doubt equally out of context) quote assumes you know for sure that A) Our c******m driving friend reads the boardroom, B) he knows for sure that you do too, and C) is aware of the harmless gag that we have with it (unlike you, apparently).

Pretty good going considering that he may never even have saw you, let alone you being able to read each others minds........

No. What does age have to do with experience? b******* all.....or do you assume that with a weeks training, you could do my job just as well as me, despite my 20+ years experience? Do me a favour.........

enough folkes please......

handbags down and walk away.

caterthing - Yes v. old joke probably past it.

someone people don't wave at you - hey get over it man, flowerpower is dead, maybe he was thinkin elswhere.

Membership comment - well maybe thats an interesting perspective. I would suggest you might want to try joining before knocking it. Feedback I recieve is that very many members find the chat, technical information and assistance that this boardroom offers is worth the 25 quid before you consider all the other benefits to memebership.

Censorship - I dont think so. If you have used this board for any real time there are very few occations where is has been necessary to censor. People who know me will know how keen I am to maintain freedom of expression on the boardroom, whilst obviously wishing to maintain within the law.

RANT

My cars better than your car - This is where Censorship should be used. If there is one thing I can't stand it is this playground crap over different cars. It's the kind of biggoted thinking that gets on my tit. IMHO it is a minority all round that engage in this crap and usually when there is little else of worth to be said.

/RANT

mr webmaster i cant help but notice you only seem to have one tit ,when you say gets on my tit !  :0  :(  may i ask what happend to the other  ???  ;)

So what have we concluded here?

Are we going to allow the word c******m or not?

Recent experiences (triggered by the now infamous Banner incident):

-Very friendly welcome by RHOC at Newark

-Invites to 7-Club (Northants Beds & Bucks) area to their meet (although warned to expect certain amount of ribbing - they haven't seen me yet!;) and run over to Cambs meet.

-Guys in c******ms joining our gatherings at Old Warden Show, and joining in with our Blat to Herts Beds & Bucks meet - he just happened to be driving past our meeting point and asked if he could come along.

Ultimately we all share the same interest, and before we plumped for a Westfield probably considered the alternatives marques mentioned in this thread.

Furthermore, it is becoming more and more difficult to fully enjoy owning this type of car, friendly banter and ribbing - yes, but snobbery, elitism and other fancy words I can't think of at the moment will only serve to damage this passion, hobby call it what you will.

I can't believe how nice I am sometimes !