• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• Blatman

• Al Yupright

• Boxerman33

Complete kit, less engine, 'box and wheels is £15635.00 + VAT.

Porkka 'box, is what, 5K

Chevy motor from the US 3K

Sundry parts 5K, maybe 8K if you want injection, 6K if it's a megasquirt :p

I reckon if you're careful, then shall we say 35-36K, rather than 30? It's still bl**** good value...

Edit.

Seems S/H G50's are under 2K...

Not been in here for ages ...

You won't build a half decent spec GTR for under £40k Blatters. Check out the 'Accessories' list. I'd refer the honourable gentleman to things such as Roll cage, adjustable shocks, carbon wing, mirrors, AP brakes, all the engine bay stuff (incl exhaust system), seats, aircon/heater, electrics etc. You may also think you'll source wheels/tyres much cheaper elsewhere but the rears are 335/35 18s.

You can get a G50 for <£2k, but you won't get a decent motor for £3k. You can source cheaper than American Speed but by the time you get all the ancillaries etc. it won't be by much, and they're very good on the shipping and customs/VAT issues ;)

Hi Bob

Yeah, I do get it, but looking at the accessories list, the AP brakes aren't *necessary*, and neither are carbon mirrors. Some of the pipe work looked expensive. Fuel pumps and pipework at over 600 quid? I don't think so. I'm sure there may well be other things that would be more economical to do by bypassing the Ultima price list too...

Plus, I'd be happy to source a "project" engine and build/re-build it, but yes, 30K was optimistic. As I said though, I reckon with *careful* consideration, and a deal of resourcefulness, it's do-able for under 40K, but not by as much as I first thought....

I can dream though, can't I?

Hi Bob

Yeah, I do get it, but looking at the accessories list, the AP brakes aren't *necessary*, and neither are carbon mirrors. Some of the pipe work looked expensive. Fuel pumps and pipework at over 600 quid? I don't think so. I'm sure there may well be other things that would be more economical to do by bypassing the Ultima price list too...

Plus, I'd be happy to source a "project" engine and build/re-build it, but yes, 30K was optimistic. As I said though, I reckon with *careful* consideration, and a deal of resourcefulness, it's do-able for under 40K, but not by as much as I first thought....

I can dream though, can't I?

AP brakes - the alternative is standard Granada with servos. I don't know of anyone who's gone for that option, for fairly obvious reasons.

Mirrors? The extra money is not for carbon items, it's for electrically udjustable ones. Try getting through SVA with mirrors you can't adjust from inside the car (remember windows don't open).

Agreed that some of the things can be sourced a bit cheaper, but those who've tried have usually ended up admitting that they didn't save enough to make it worth the hassle. Also depends on your ability level, many builders will want to retain the levels of factory support ...

You can of course dream, although there are some good used ones on the market ;)