• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• Blatman

• Al Yupright

• Boxerman33

It is a pity that Top Gear haven't done a definitive R500 vs XTR2 (or 4) vs SR3 (or 4) lap time

that's cos if they did, they'd have to put them all back at the top of the lap time board, and all the manufacturers of "normal" cars would get all grumpy again.

funny how the fastest thing up there is still a second or two off the XTR2, and about 5 seconds off the Radical... strange how they just disappeared off the list and never get mentioned...

mind you, it is just a pantomime show anyway, so has entertainment value as just that.

moomin

Blimey  :suspect:  that's a bit of a discount.....it was £44.5k + vat yesterday - perhaps someone there reads this boardroom and reckons we'll buy it for 50% off  :devil:  :D  :D

I'd have it......if only I had the money   :t-up:  :D  :p

Blimey  :suspect:  that's a bit of a discount.....it was £44.5k + vat yesterday - perhaps someone there reads this boardroom and reckons we'll buy it for 50% off  :devil:  :D  :D

I'd have it......if only I had the money   :t-up:  :D  :p

I think thats the car above it, the record holding car is still £44500 + VAT. Not that I could afford either!

After watching the Ultima video on another thread, I know which way my 30K would go...

How long before the Ultima chaps go after the 'Ring record?

How much of an Ult would you get for 30K?

I thought they were considerably more than that, unless you're putting a Rover V8 in it?

I think the spec of the car used to do the record would cost you more like double that  ;)  or maybe a bit more  :xmas:

I think it'd *just* be do-able for 30K, but I'd need ALL my resourcefulness....

They can be had second hand for around that though, and with my building skills, that's what I'd do...

If I was in a position to buy one, stumping up an extra few grand for the right spec wouldn't be that onerous.

Complete kit, less engine, 'box and wheels is £15635.00 + VAT.

Porkka 'box, is what, 5K

Chevy motor from the US 3K

Sundry parts 5K, maybe 8K if you want injection, 6K if it's a megasquirt :p

I reckon if you're careful, then shall we say 35-36K, rather than 30? It's still bl**** good value...

Edit.

Seems S/H G50's are under 2K...