XTR4 vs Radical

deller

As someone a llittle bit biased on the westfieild side having wanted one for the past 15 years but only now finding the time(and money!;) to build one, was interested in the radical and XTR2 but judging by some reviesws the radical is the clear winner. Does anyone have any experience of the xtr4 vs radical .... (OK opinions are welcome too!;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• Blatman

• Al Yupright

• Boxerman33

The Radical would eat an XTR4 for breakfast IMO.

It's chassis is far more capable (as opposed to being someone else's cast-off...) and generally speaking they're more powerful.  I think the XTR4 is heavier too.  Even with the same power I can't believe an XTR4 would keep pace with a Radical for long.

I've been for a passenger ride in a Radical SR3 and even with my less than delicate weight it was ballistically quick.  I'll ask Andrew (the owner of said SR3) if he's come across many XTR2s on track to try and give a feel for how different they are.  Granted not the same as an XTR4, which the person(s) on here who owns one said was probably quicker than their previous XTR2, but it would probably give a fair comparison.

cheers Nick.. I've only been in an XTR2  on  a ( bumpy) road so wasn't a good example but it seem s talking to radical owners that the beauty of them both was skin deep and the radicals chassis was just better...

I think the Radical was 2 seconds quicker round the top gear test track than a XTR2 but I did hear (this could be BS) that the Radical had a tuned Busa motor in it

I heard that too. IIRC, the Radical was a 250bhp engined version, whereas the XTR was a good deal less powerful. However, I'm sure some of the Radical fans (and one or two Blatchat lurkers no doubt! ) would see that sort of comment as sour grapes...

and of course the XTR2 wouldn't have been a specially prepared and tweaked version with may be a less than standard motor then?

I don't have any evidence either way but since C*terham are well known for er 'optimising' the setup of the cars when they are being tested in a particular way I can't imagine Westfield or Radical doing anything other than the same when a relatively small market is out there to be persuaded which car to buy.

It is a pity that Top Gear haven't done a definitive R500 vs XTR2 (or 4) vs SR3 (or 4) lap time but my money would be on a Radical  :devil:

Dont think it is a real contest in all honesty.

Radicals are just the dogs b.......s

doesn't the hayabusa turbo radical have the lap record at nurburgring? Was up for sale @ 50k earlier this year, think the bloke who owns the swindon dominos pizza franchise has bought it :0

or one that looks similar