Anyone going to the Conedodgers day this saturday?

Dracoro

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Dracoro

• felters

I'll see you there.  

I've a long trek down from Manchester to Staffs to pick up the westy, then down to Andover, then once it's finished head back to Staffs to drop the westy off, get in the 'family hack' and head to Sheffield for my Bro's 30th. Can't wait. Fun filled weekend i reckon - bar any mechanical failures!   :0

Have you booked the tyre service, Dracoro?

You sure I've given you good info? Being as you don't know where it is, why would you trust that the info is good? For all you know, this could be on the moon... :devil:

Even better, less gravity and more space to do them powerslides :D

Jam - Thought about the tyre service but I want to find out how my westie behaves in its' current set-up. Putting crappy tyres on won't necessarily give me the best info about how the car behaves once I leave the circuit. This day for me is as much about learning the behaviour of the car as it is having fun. If I do it again for fun only, then I would go for the tyre service.

What westie will you have?

I want to find out how my westie behaves in its' current set-up. Putting crappy tyres on won't necessarily give me the best info about how the car behaves once I leave the circuit. This day for me is as much about learning the behaviour of the car as it is having fun.

*Ding*

Me too. I did the day with my sprint car in it's ready to race configuration. And despite trying quite hard, I barely touched the treads on the Toyo's, which was something of a refief, TBH...

And despite trying quite hard, I barely touched the treads on the Toyo's, which was something of a refief, TBH...

Try loosening the shoulder straps...

Andy

Dracoro, i'll be in the all yellow SEiW with daft Desperate Dan helmet - yeh, i know but it was reduced by 130 squid. I wonder why!

I've no idea if the tyre guys will have any for me or not as i only sent them my details today. Guess i could RAC it home if i have to.

I wouldn't worry too much about tyre wear to be honest.

I struggled to kill a pair of tyres (I failed basically) and they were still very legal if I'd wanted to drive home on them.

Don't use anything too sticky though, as once the surface has some rubber down on it sliding becomes harder as there's more grip available.

Sticky tyres they are not. They've been on the car for 5 years since the previous owner first bought it. They're a bit hard now. I would think about 4mm tread left.

Hi Guys Declan here

Sounds like you guys all enjoyed it, its very interesting seeing how all the westy type cars handle this sort of event. Obviously all the cars are set up differently but that just seems to add to the entertainment.

I would suggest if you do any more events to bring some really naff tyres along about 155 section. It'll help you guys get the better longer slides without using so much power. Tiny steering wheels don't seem to help matters I noticed too, but I suppose thats much dependent on how much you much you like your beer?

Safety Point: We have so far had three westies on the events that are suffering fuel leakage from behind the filler cap, I assume it might be a difficult place to access during a build & you can't easily check the fitting. But so far it's an alrmingly high rate of cars that have this fault. I would get yours checked as obviously you all use yours cars enthusiastically.

Cheers Declan.

Fun day although the fuel filler issue stopped my day a little short. Car was OK going home, I think it's just the vigorous 'exercise' that the car gets on track that causes the bodywork to flex pulling at the filler/tank join. There's a rubber connector that needs retightening and may be worth wrapping some cloth around it then it can be checked by feeling the cloth to tell if fuel is coming out. Should soak it up and stop it coming out onto track. Will look at mine this week when I have the time. Need to remove roll bar, and boot box to get at it. There's a LOT of screws :D as well as the loose ones in my head :0

Big Hello again to Jam! Hope your carbs are running better since I 'fiddled' with them ;):D Get back OK? you had a fair journey ahead of you!

Hello there Dracoro,

Yep thanks for that, the fiddle wiv the carbs' helped big time, but it still wanted to stall after going sideways for any length of time. Think i'll get myself booked into Northampton motorsport so they can check it over.

The 250 mile journey took a little under 4 hours - not bad considering the 3 stops to fill up. No problems though.

Passed loads of 'Fuzz' on the way back so probably just as well i bought those dodgy federals. 6 points? = bye, bye licence.  :0

Cheers.     :t-up: